stretch boards support and board pron thread

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
I've got some anti-pron, and a warning to anyone who is getting the legacy construction. Don't get it airbrushed. You can see how the airbrush looks great on the CFT buzz saw, just like what I wanted. But on the legacy it just ended up being the color of sick mustard. It's awfully ugly which is a shame because the board feels buttery.

Everything about the boards, from the ordering process to the finishing job and minor details, all excellent. Except for the color.

Really excited to get the Buzz saw back to Bali and try it out. Such a wild board with the Sk8 deck and everything, seems like it's going to be a blast to ride.

Attachments

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I've got some anti-pron, and a warning to anyone who is getting the legacy construction. Don't get it airbrushed. You can see how the airbrush looks great on the CFT buzz saw, just like what I wanted. But on the legacy it just ended up being the color of sick mustard. It's awfully ugly which is a shame because the board feels buttery.

Everything about the boards, from the ordering process to the finishing job and minor details, all excellent. Except for the color.

Really excited to get the Buzz saw back to Bali and try it out. Such a wild board with the Sk8 deck and everything, seems like it's going to be a blast to ride.
I don't think it looks bad other than the yum yum yellow color choice. I asked Stretch years ago when I got my legacy 2x4 for painting it, but he recommended against paint because of the absorption issue. There are plenty of examples on their instagram, you just need to find the color and design that will look cool when slightly faded because of the cork. I think mayhem is using some kind of plaster filler on his C4 boards to make them white, but I'm not sure on that. The original mayhem cork boards didn't even have glass over the cork because it's not needed to keep water out, but people complained that its ugly and causes skin chaff.

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Looks like a beaut to me and what are her dims? I love my buzzsaw CFT med 5'7" x19" x2.18" sk8 pintail use FU#2. Funny I got/wanted red deck/grey rails and bottom and at time stretch red looks more pink:foreheadslap: still goes faster then my non red boards:shaka:

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Looks like a beaut to me and what are her dims? I love my buzzsaw CFT med 5'7" x19" x2.18" sk8 pintail use FU#2. Funny I got/wanted red deck/grey rails and bottom and at time stretch red looks more pink:foreheadslap: still goes faster then my non red boards:shaka:
Not gonna lie, the board is growing on me. Like I said, apart from the stale mustard color everything else is on point. Perfect quality and finish. My buzzsaw is 6'2 x 19.5 x 2.38 I think. 34 liters

Everyone knows that reddish boards go faster, it's established science :D

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Not gonna lie, the board is growing on me. Like I said, apart from the stale mustard color everything else is on point. Perfect quality and finish. My buzzsaw is 6'2 x 19.5 x 2.38 I think. 34 liters

Everyone knows that reddish boards go faster, it's established science :D
NF northshore quiver of buzzsaws helped inspire my custom :shaka:

theROOSTER

Nep status
Apr 10, 2008
OC, california...
www.wavewatch.com
the STRETCH Mid-Life is a bit odd so far for me ..... 7'10" (x23x 3-1/2, 65 L) .... for starters, I wish I had gone 3.75 for thickness for a smidge more volume (my 7'6 proctor is 3.75 , and I should have matched that on the build :() ... it actually "feels" shorter than my 7'6" proctor (monsta chief) and so far surfs more like my 7'2" proctor (Pavote-Jet) -- being a "mid", I kinf of expected more glide and "ease of entry" paddling, but honestly it already seems the MID-LIFE leans a bit more towards a true short board and not really an "easy going" mid-length :bricks:
and now my quiver looks like a bag of skittles, LOL ..... I need to order something in the 9' range now to finish off the daily drivers so I'll have 7'10, 8'10 and 9'10 lineup ... ... I'm thinking another STRETCH, the IT model: 8'10 (x23 or 23-1/2x3.75" or 4", with quad+1 center & channeled rears.... I'm going to ask if they'll do an epoxy resin TINT instead of airbrush/spray :waving:

they look almost all the same size from this angle :LOL:
SKITTLES_1.JPG

but, not quite ...:drowning:
SKITTLES_2_dims.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
the STRETCH Mid-Life is a bit odd so far for me ..... 7'10" (x23x 3-1/2, 65 L) .... for starters, I wish I had gone 3.75 for thickness for a smidge more volume (my 7'6 proctor is 3.75 , and I should have matched that on the build :() ... it actually "feels" shorter than my 7'6" proctor (monsta chief) and so far surfs more like my 7'2" proctor (Pavote-Jet) -- being a "mid", I kinf of expected more glide and "ease of entry" paddling, but honestly it already seems the MID-LIFE leans a bit more towards a true short board and not really an "easy going" mid-length :bricks:
and now my quiver looks like a bag of skittles, LOL ..... I need to order something in the 9' range now to finish off the daily drivers so I'll have 7'10, 8'10 and 9'10 lineup ... ... I'm thinking another STRETCH, the IT model: 8'10 (x23 or 23-1/2x3.75" or 4", with quad+1 center & channeled rears.... I'm going to ask if they'll do an epoxy resin TINT instead of airbrush/spray :waving:

they look almost all the same size from this angle :LOL:
View attachment 119457

but, not quite ...:drowning:
View attachment 119459
I am not sure if factory has improved in color tint but when I asked best bet result was tint swirl with multiple colors. I have noticed improvement in spray colors and seeing more orange, red, yellow, and blues to the stretch color spectrum:shameonyou::shaka: The it has pretty advance rocker and is super foiled same foil as my 2x4 step so not a great grovel board but can handle some size needs a little push.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Anyone ever try one of these roundtail Pugs? Trying to talk myself into one.

http://instagr.am/p/CW6YbLcLn1S/
I had a round tail ugly 2win, (which was basically that same outline/rocker, with twin fin placement,) and an older pug too. I know for me the superbuzz just does everything easier, and better, I think it's the rocker. The other boards have the flatter tail rocker, which wasn't nearly as forgiving, being heavy off the front foot. A superbuzz with a fat round pin, seems like it would be pretty sweet?

Reactions: Spinktopus

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Where do you surf? I’ve almost pulled the trigger on a Superbuzz minimum a 100 times. But the reviews here have been mixed. I’m surprised people say it’s not a great paddler. In south orange county nothing has push, so paddle power helps. I think I’d go with the longer dimensions…5’9 20 wide etc

Reactions: Spinktopus