stretch boards support and board pron thread

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Sk8 deck good for duck dives? I would think that of the channels, but the sk8 deck? Why?
Brukuns do you use traction pads on your boards? It gives your feet/hands leverage and makes pushing on board more responsive. Have you ever skated with concave deck? Same pricincples apply only surfing you feel both standing and paddling:shaka: It just feels right and kinda like heel dents but way better and like deck rails looks/feels sexy as hell:cheers:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I know they say for sk8 deck to subtract .25 from what you normally order but I think it’s actually more like .20. Ive had a 2.25“ sk8 deck but if felt less than 2.50” so I think you should go thicker than they say. Just trying to add to the confusion. I love sk8 deck or any concave deck. Tell us more about this mayo burger.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I know they say for sk8 deck to subtract .25 from what you normally order but I think it’s actually more like .20. Ive had a 2.25“ sk8 deck but if felt less than 2.50” so I think you should go thicker than they say. Just trying to add to the confusion. I love sk8 deck or any concave deck. Tell us more about this mayo burger.
That would explain why stretch himself would suggest 2.3 (+.25 = 2.55) knowing that I currently surf a 2.43 and want to go less volume.

I should just shut up and order exactly what Stretch himself suggested... unless maybe go 2.25. And maybe not a swallow tail, those tips on the tail ding like a bitch... maybe the butt tail might do the same thing but rounder and less "dingable"?

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Oysters man... never again, I don't think I ever felt so ill.

Thing is, when I was turning inside out from all ends because of those fucking bad oysters, the last thing I had eaten was a fucking cheese bacon with a side of green mayo. And all I could taste during the whole ordeal was mayo, mayo, mayo. I should be thankful it didn't keep me from eating burgers, but damn, Mayo was never the same again. If I put mayo on a burger or fries today, I'll barely put any.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
You’re over thinking it. As someone who loves a stretch quadfish i really like the buzzsaw. It isn’t too hp if it was I’d hate it. You don’t like the sk8 deck? Don’t get it. I hated my first sk8 deck. Tried it again and still didn’t like it. Some guys swear by them but if you don’t like it you’re not gonna like it on the next board imo

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
You’re over thinking it. As someone who loves a stretch quadfish i really like the buzzsaw. It isn’t too hp if it was I’d hate it. You don’t like the sk8 deck? Don’t get it. I hated my first sk8 deck. Tried it again and still didn’t like it. Some guys swear by them but if you don’t like it you’re not gonna like it on the next board imo
I was planning on getting it without the sk8 deck, then Stretch himself said "you'll want to have a sk8 deck on that buzzsaw".

I'll overthink this just a bit more before pulling the trigger :computer: . I would definitely feel more comfortable ordering without it, but if the Brazil guys also insist I should have it, I'll seriously consider it.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I was planning on getting it without the sk8 deck, then Stretch himself said "you'll want to have a sk8 deck on that buzzsaw".

I'll overthink this just a bit more before pulling the trigger :computer: . I would definitely feel more comfortable ordering without it, but if the Brazil guys also insist I should have it, I'll seriously consider it.
I remember Stretch telling me when I ordered my buzzsaw, that they were designed to be ridden small, take off late or under the lip, and haul ass (to be honest, I think he'd say that about all his shortbaords, haha.) Like rts said, if you don't like the sk8 deck, don't get one, seems like he's moving away from them lately? I know I asked about it on a couple of models and he advised against it, and the boards worked great without it, so it shouldn't be a deal breaker. It does seem like a "butt tail" would be pretty cool on that model though.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I remember Stretch telling me when I ordered my buzzsaw, that they were designed to be ridden small, take off late or under the lip, and haul ass (to be honest, I think he'd say that about all his shortbaords, haha.) Like rts said, if you don't like the sk8 deck, don't get one, seems like he's moving away from them lately? I know I asked about it on a couple of models and he advised against it, and the boards worked great without it, so it shouldn't be a deal breaker. It does seem like a "butt tail" would be pretty cool on that model though.
I certainly won't be taking off under the lip. lol.

I want the board to hold and be fast, sure, but I plan on taking off as early as I possibly can every single time! :drowning:

Someone mentioned that about the Superbuzz, but mine doesn't feel like that at all. It likes peaky lumps, if there's some power it will take off on anything that's not too steep rather early. It actually does well if it's steep, but it doesn't like walled take offs, it doesn't want to be pushed over the ledge.

I expect the Buzzsaw to be a good paddler, hold well when it's steep but also a lot easier to turn than my SB (which again, probably feels heavy due to too much length and volume).

• Wow
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I certainly won't be taking off under the lip. lol.

I want the board to hold and be fast, sure, but I plan on taking off as early as I possibly can every single time! :drowning:

Someone mentioned that about the Superbuzz, but mine doesn't feel like that at all. It likes peaky lumps, if there's some power it will take off on anything that's not too steep rather early. It actually does well if it's steep, but it doesn't like walled take offs, it doesn't want to be pushed over the ledge.

I expect the Buzzsaw to be a good paddler, hold well when it's steep but also a lot easier to turn than my SB (which again, probably feels heavy due to too much length and volume).
Brukuns the superbuzz was/is designed to sk8 and be ridden under height up to 6" short and stubby. The buzzsaw is more drawn out more foiled rails for those who want same performance with out short and stubby. The sk8 deck keeps meat in middle and foiled rails depending on design. My sk8 gbuzz has full rails while my buzzsaw has very foiled and looks and feels like hp 2.375" and I went 2.18".

Reactions: brukuns

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Had a Mr Buzz 5'3 x 19.25" x 2.2" SK8 deck that was so much fun, but just too small for me at 6'1 x 185.
Such a weird looking board but did some of the most high performance turns I've ever done.
I tried to replicate it on a custom 5'3 x 19.5" x 2.3" and it just wasn't the same. Wish I had kept the too small one.
I want to recreate 5'3 x 19.25 x 2.25 but I'm scared to get burned again.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Had a Mr Buzz 5'3 x 19.25" x 2.2" SK8 deck that was so much fun, but just too small for me at 6'1 x 185.
Such a weird looking board but did some of the most high performance turns I've ever done.
I tried to replicate it on a custom 5'3 x 19.5" x 2.3" and it just wasn't the same. Wish I had kept the too small one.
I’m thinking of ordering a custom one.

But it’ll have to be pretty big since I’m 6’3 250

But they look really fun.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Can the Mr Buzz ride steep hallow waves in winter?

What is the skate deck?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
It's a good wave board. Lots of tail rocker. It's so small and flipped in the tail, you can really shove it up into a hollow pocket. I've ridden it on the North Shore, but the paddling was killing me.

SK8 deck is concave deck. About .20 to .25 thinner that what you'd normally ride, but equals same thickness. So if you ride 2.5" you'd order 2.25 or 2.3" SK8 deck. Feels like a skateboard when you're riding.

dirtandrib

OTF status
Jan 24, 2011
NC
I have ridden all of the buzz series boards (save the buzz gun). All are very easy boards to surf in a wider range of waves than advertised - except the Mr. Buzz. Mr. Buzz is my favorite but it will not work unless the wave face is steep. It does not have to be big, but it does have to be curvy. I only surf east coast beach break and if is it a punchy, dumpy, curvy short period wave it is perfect, but even if it is chest high but a slopey wave, ride something else. It is a very controlled, highly rockered unique board.