stretch boards support and board pron thread

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I run the dylan gravezilla thrusters on my 8' comp gun for cruising long points, just because they look cool. If its more critical I go with the stretch gun s2 quad set. There are some days where the wave might not be that big, but it's fat and lots of wind chop, then the comp gun works allot easier than the 2x4 step up. I told stretch to add extra vee in the nose and double concave out the back for the windy days. It's a paddling beast, I can't blame the board for my lack of talent if i miss a wave.
Do you use your S2 gun set (FU#2 4.25"/4") in your 2x4 step up as well? I love them in my 2x4 step up and yes its a beast for paddling and has replaced any need for me to own a semi gun here in 805:shaka:

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
Do you use your S2 gun set (FU#2 4.25"/4") in your 2x4 step up as well? I love them in my 2x4 step up and yes its a beast for paddling and has replaced any need for me to own a semi gun here in 805:shaka:
I wish I could but my 2x4 was made with FCS2 unfortunately. I bought into the marketing hype back in the day with FCS2 and my older boards were FCS. Now I have panic attacks every time i barely touch something knowing the fins will pop out even with grub screws. Last time I fell on the fins, the fin popped out folded back and cut through the bamboo into the board. With futures you dont have the problem because the box is longer, but in that case it might have prevented me from getting cut.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I wish I could but my 2x4 was made with FCS2 unfortunately. I bought into the marketing hype back in the day with FCS2 and my older boards were FCS. Now I have panic attacks every time i barely touch something knowing the fins will pop out even with grub screws. Last time I fell on the fins, the fin popped out folded back and cut through the bamboo into the board. With futures you dont have the problem because the box is longer, but in that case it might have prevented me from getting cut.
Mine has fcs II (only board) as well but never use II fins my s2 gun set has two tabs so I use 2x grub and rubber front covers never had any issues yet:shaka:All my custom stretch boards have fcs fusion boxes accept my It2win only because FU 2win came only came in future. PeterDj when you say S2 gun set you mean Fins Unlimited #2 quad set 4.25" fronts and 4" rears?

Last edited:

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
Mine has fcs II (only board) as well but never use II fins my s2 gun set has two tabs so I use 2x grub and rubber front covers never had any issues yet:shaka:All my custom stretch boards have fcs fusion boxes accept my It2win only because FU 2win came only came in future. PeterDj when you say S2 gun set you mean Fins Unlimited #2 quad set 4.25" fronts and 4" rears?
Yes, I think it is this set Stretch recommended when I picked up the board. https://store.stretchboards.com/product/strech-s2-quad-fin-set-future

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
With all this talk of the Bobby Quad / SuperMr Buzz, has anyone copied the 5150 yet?

How many pages back do I need to go for a proper ride report of the 5150?

Superbuzz remains one of my favorites of all time

Last edited:

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
With all this talk of the Bobby Quad / SuperMr Buzz, has anyone copied the 5150 yet?

Thank you, this is what i want to hear. I’ve almost talked myself into a Superbuzz a 100 times. But the feedback here really is all over the place. For every one devotee, there’s another guy who dumped the SB for a quad fish. This board just looks so fun and user friendly......

231E8CF7-6D96-4953-9A06-3BAC02AF1F16.jpeg

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

I really really want to yolo a 5150 not sure exact dims because have not owned a hpsb thruster forever:foreheadslap:

Reactions: Aruka and scdad