stretch boards support and board pron thread

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I honestly have no idea how the surf companies work. But, I can use AKUShaper on greenlight and have them CNC me a blank to finish, no needless foam to toss away, less prone to human error. Ideally, it would be best if the CNC can finish the board all together including glassing. No one asks Enzo Ferrarri to hand build a race car. I see allot of big name shapers in stores with racks of boards for sale. I seriously doubt Pyzel for example is hand shaping 3000 or more boards a year. Just from working in a manufacturing industry, if you have a hot product everyone wants, better pop out as many as possible and cash in before its not hot anymore. If was a hot shaper all the kids want to buy from I would have a team of ghost shapers and glassers working on an assembly line. SharpEye for example went from zero boards in my local shops to full racks of 20 or more boards after the stab in the dark. I don't see how a 5-10 board a week shaper can make a living on shaping alone especially in california. A custom from Stretch is shaped by him as far as I can tell, it has his signature on the bottom, there are details in the final product I don't think a ghost shaper would know about unless you spent time talking with them personally.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
My buddy always give me crap about my flattish stubby board. He has a brand new stingerless V3 Stealth that is rather thin and has a lot of rocker...

It's funny how absolutely everyone we run into in the water never gives a sh!t about his brand new board but are always asking about my 4 year old stretch and wanting to try it out. hahaha. It's actually become a trend. lol.

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
I've been riding my Super Buzz exclusively for the last 2 weeks and I cant believe how good it is. It took a little while to adjust to and I even considered selling it at one point. But it's become my go-to daily driver. I love it!

Last edited:

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
After complaining about shipping previously, I recently found out a local shop is now getting Stretch's!!!! :waving: There's a beuat of a swallow tail Sk8 deck Super Buzz on the racks that's exactly my dims! I had a very early version, like 8 years ago which at the time was a step down from the Mr. Board had a good low end and rode it mostly in 2-5 foot faced surf. Seemed to do fine in that lower range even if if was mushy. So graveled well for PNW standards. Still trying to fill that niche. Wondering if I should order a custom G Buzz thou. Shipping costs always seem to be built into the shop board price esp if they are getting a batch.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
After complaining about shipping previously, I recently found out a local shop is now getting Stretch's!!!! :waving: There's a beuat of a swallow tail Sk8 deck Super Buzz on the racks that's exactly my dims! I had a very early version, like 8 years ago which at the time was a step down from the Mr. Board had a good low end and rode it mostly in 2-5 foot faced surf. Seemed to do fine in that lower range even if if was mushy. So graveled well for PNW standards. Still trying to fill that niche. Wondering if I should order a custom G Buzz thou. Shipping costs always seem to be built into the shop board price esp if they are getting a batch.
PNW grovel I think I would go buzz more low range but my superbuzz was made as good day daily driver from waist and up and needs some push over mush. My gbuzz covers some ground since its got some volume and range forget how much but goes great in knee to hh+ and loves and finds speed in mush or flat spots. I highly recommend using the FU#3 quad set :shaka:
51 5'8" 170#
Super buzz 5'2" 19.5" 2.375" thumbtail FU #2 quad set
Gbuzz 5'2" 20.25" 2.375" sk8 diamond tail FU#3 quad set

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
OK G, that's what I was thinking. Seems like the SB was tuned more toward a DD, which I am not really looking for. Had a FF4 that fit that bill nicely a while back. I have a set of the FU 2's I think? Got them for a custom 2X4 I sold off after 3 or 4 years, but kept the fins which go great in a Pavel based quad fish I shaped.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
OK G, that's what I was thinking. Seems like the SB was tuned more toward a DD, which I am not really looking for. Had a FF4 that fit that bill nicely a while back. I have a set of the FU 2's I think? Got them for a custom 2X4 I sold off after 3 or 4 years, but kept the fins which go great in a Pavel based quad fish I shaped.
My f4 I would call more of hpsb then dd meant for good waves still own :shaka:
F4 5'11" 18.75" 2.375" bat tail parabolic stringer (on rails not in middle) f4 future red honeycombs

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Anyone got a bigger 2x4 and like it? I have a 5'11 2x4 (30L) for everyday waves. Was thinking of getting a 6'3 as a travel board/ good wave board for here (SF)

Reactions: rowjimmytour

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
Anyone got a bigger 2x4 and like it? I have a 5'11 2x4 (30L) for everyday waves. Was thinking of getting a 6'3 as a travel board/ good wave board for here (SF)
I had a 6'0" 2x4 and also had stretch shape me a 6'9" 2x4 when I lived at the beach (I live Kauai now)

IMO they aren't great ocean beach boards unless its for those pumping inner bar days. I do not like mine in flat faced waves at all even when its big/powerful and i only ride them in waves that barrel here

with that said when the waves are steep/critical they go insane. definitely good travel board

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Yes I have step up 2x4 6'3 x19x 2.5" FU #2 4.25"/4" swallow tail 32.4 volume. Very foiled works great when waves get bigger and need more paddle but do not need semi gun. I have not tried yet but also ordered as travel step up as well in warm water after I sold my semi guns for lack of use :shaka:

Last edited: