stretch boards support and board pron thread

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
When I ordered my last 2win i asked if they could put a buzz nose on it, stretch said no

looks a lot like that ugly twin...
Stretch did buzz nose on mine but it was a 2win It:socrazy: funny how some things he well not do and I always trust him and never try to push it:bowdown: He would not go sk8 deck on my 2x4 step up and It 2win and man do I love sk8 deck kinda like ultimate traction pad surfing and even paddling with those sexy as fuk deck channels:cheers:

Reactions: sizzld1

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
Stretch did buzz nose on mine but it was a 2win It:socrazy: funny how some things he well not do and I always trust him and never try to push it:bowdown: He would not go sk8 deck on my 2x4 step up and It 2win and man do I love sk8 deck kinda like ultimate traction pad surfing and even paddling with those sexy as fuk deck channels:cheers:
those deck channels have taken my duck dive game to a whole new level

Reactions: rowjimmytour

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I think it depends on the template he choses for the CNC. I don't think there is a 2x4 template with sk8 deck, so he recommends the buzzsaw instead. I think the 2win template is unique, similar nose and rocker as buzzsaw but different concaves. I don't know how Marko foam charges per blank, but my guess is like in any other manufacturing industry you get charged per SKU aka unique product and bulk discount per SKU. So ordering 10 2win blanks is cheaper than ordering 9 2win and 1 Ugly Twin. Maybe now he has gotten enough buzzed out 2win requests that he has new SKU for Ugly Twin. This is purely my guess. It's not like the old days where you get thick generic blank and cut/shave it down. The boards come out of the CNC nearly to spec, then the shaper refines the rails, concaves, tail, channels etc...

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
I think it depends on the template he choses for the CNC. I don't think there is a 2x4 template with sk8 deck, so he recommends the buzzsaw instead. I think the 2win template is unique, similar nose and rocker as buzzsaw but different concaves. I don't know how Marko foam charges per blank, but my guess is like in any other manufacturing industry you get charged per SKU aka unique product and bulk discount per SKU. So ordering 10 2win blanks is cheaper than ordering 9 2win and 1 Ugly Twin. Maybe now he has gotten enough buzzed out 2win requests that he has new SKU for Ugly Twin. This is purely my guess. It's not like the old days where you get thick generic blank and cut/shave it down. The boards come out of the CNC nearly to spec, then the shaper refines the rails, concaves, tail, channels etc...
He was sooo excited that Average Joe could create files so close to his designs - big thing in computer shaping .