stretch boards support and board pron thread

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Lot of overlap with the Speedbuzz and Skate. But the OC never needs an actual step up. Sometimes just nice to have a little more rail and an extra 1.5L. All my other Skates have been single. Excited to try the single to double in my fav rocker

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I know others did it first (and famously), but I started surfing right around when the F4 model blew up...so to me, forever battail=Stretch
+1. I always associate the bat tail with stretch.

maybe it’s my nocal roots, but similarly, the F4 specifically comes to mind. I always smile when I see an old crusty one pop up on CL.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
+1. I always associate the bat tail with stretch.

maybe it’s my nocal roots, but similarly, the F4 specifically comes to mind. I always smile when I see an old crusty one pop up on CL.
That board was "borrowed" from Cole, although I'm sure the rockers are different. Nathan was surfing for Cole and brought the board to Stretch and it doesn't look like stretch deviated very far from the outline, tail, fins, and deck channels.

1616250787558.png

Reactions: rowjimmytour

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I should start DMing these threads to shapers so they can give their 2 cents.
Stretch talked a little bit about the first boards he made for Nathan on the DLS podcast.

Stretch said Nathan asked for some boards and the ones brought in had the “love handles“. He did his best to make Nathan boards he thought would be good, but sans rail channels. Nathan broke them near immediately. Round 2 had the love handles and nathan rode those for well over a year without a buckle.

there are probs tweaks along the way but it was no secret Nathan had something in mind when he approached stretch to materialize it.