stretch boards support and board pron thread

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
Ahh, my 2win is 5'7" 32L, it's super fast and loose for me, I'm 6'1 200lbs. To use the golf analogy, quad and thrusters are more forgiving like using a higher handicap club. I can put all my weight into a turn on my superbuzz and not worry about stalling or sliding out.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Ahh, my 2win is 5'7" 32L, it's super fast and loose for me, I'm 6'1 200lbs. To use the golf analogy, quad and thrusters are more forgiving like using a higher handicap club. I can put all my weight into a turn on my superbuzz and not worry about stalling or sliding out.
I had to put another traction pad on my AO twin to make sure I got my back foot right after pulling off first one because it was back to far (normal pad placement) :) Superbuzz no glinches ever once I got a quad set of FU#2. My SB is 6" shorter then me and first real short and stubby board. Biggest deal was paddling and finding sweet spot.

Last edited:

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Thanks Doc looks pretty close but I guess TA 5.55" height is a least 1/2" taller then Stretch 5.5". The base looks right on with only difference in tips.
TA twin Dimz
HEIGHT: 5.55" / 140 mm
BASE: 5.12" / 130 mm
AREA: 21.67"² / 140.38 cm²
heights-
the stretch 5.1875"
the ta 5.625"

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
yes really. mine are probably 5 years old. they always seemed seemed kinda squat to me. not sure if stretch changed the spec or todd down at fu did it for him:roflmao:
When my board comes I well measure my FU 2win set and get back to you. My last board 2x4 step up I ordered FU#2 quad set (4.25"/4") and had new logo including made in USA:shaka:

dirtandrib

OTF status
Jan 24, 2011
NC
I have tried the Stretch twin template and AMT with the trailer in my Gbuzz and Super Buzz and Buzz Saw (all sold due to my relationship with gravity). I have not found a twin plus trailer to work even close to as well as quad or even thruster in all three of those boards. But I surf in North Carolina beach break that is short period surf being curvy but small pockets with quick transitions that will quickly break and then it slower and flatter sections. I would describe the failure of the twin plus trailer in those board to be due to the combination of fin placement, rocker and concave in the business end. They are not flat tail rockers. I need the fin surface area to drive off and push through turns. The twin plus trailer lacks the necessary surface area in the back of the board. The rocker is not flat like twins rockers (less than 2" on my twins) so you do not have the surface area of a flat rocker to push against.

I have had good times on many different quads but the ST2 being the best in the Buzzsaw, the Buzztroller being the best in the GBuzz and the Super Buzz. Thrusters also worked with all three.

I am down to two Stretches - A 5'5 Mr. Buzz (that was Dylan's personal board) and a 6'2 2x4. I like the Buzztrollers in the Mr. Buzz (never tried anything else) and the ST2 in the 2x4 for quad and MB2 or AM2 for thruster.IMG_4782.jpgIMG_4783.jpg

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I have tried the Stretch twin template and AMT with the trailer in my Gbuzz and Super Buzz and Buzz Saw (all sold due to my relationship with gravity). I have not found a twin plus trailer to work even close to as well as quad or even thruster in all three of those boards. But I surf in North Carolina beach break that is short period surf being curvy but small pockets with quick transitions that will quickly break and then it slower and flatter sections. I would describe the failure of the twin plus trailer in those board to be due to the combination of fin placement, rocker and concave in the business end. They are not flat tail rockers. I need the fin surface area to drive off and push through turns. The twin plus trailer lacks the necessary surface area in the back of the board. The rocker is not flat like twins rockers (less than 2" on my twins) so you do not have the surface area of a flat rocker to push against.

I have had good times on many different quads but the ST2 being the best in the Buzzsaw, the Buzztroller being the best in the GBuzz and the Super Buzz. Thrusters also worked with all three.

I am down to two Stretches - A 5'5 Mr. Buzz (that was Dylan's personal board) and a 6'2 2x4. I like the Buzztrollers in the Mr. Buzz (never tried anything else) and the ST2 in the 2x4 for quad and MB2 or AM2 for thruster.View attachment 105350View attachment 105351
Agree hard to beat FU#2 and FU#3 but I had a little different experience with superbuzz but my superbuzz was shaped for punchy waist to oh+ beach break. I ordered my SB with #3 (controllers) and felt like I was dragging anchor. I tried AMT set with trailer no go then tried St3 (stretch thruster set) worked nice and came alive but....I did not order a stretch to ride as thruster so when I ordered gbuzz got a set of FU#2 and never once switched fins again on my SB. My gbuzz same with the FU#3 always ride as quad even though all customs have 5 boxes and own 2 x sets of FU#2 5 fin set:) My buzzsaw made as step up to SB always #2 quad same with 2x4 step up.

Agree hard to beat FU#2 and FU#3 but I had a little different experience with superbuzz but my superbuzz was shaped for punchy waist to oh+ beach break. I ordered my SB with #3 (controllers) and felt like I was dragging anchor. I tried AMT set with trailer no go then tried St3 (stretch thruster set) worked nice and came alive but....I did not order a stretch to ride as thruster so when I ordered gbuzz got a set of FU#2 and never once switched fins again on my SB. My gbuzz same with the FU#3 always ride as quad even though all customs have 5 boxes and own 2 x sets of FU#2 5 fin set:) My buzzsaw made as step up to SB always #2 quad same with 2x4 step up.
rowjimmytour - nothing to do with fins but just had to give you props for the BH Surfers lyrics! They were my first concert, and hard to believe someone taped it and put it online. I am one of the kids in the long white t-shirt when the put the house lights up:LOL:
back when I was a little skate punk - not much has changed, just the boards cuz the water is a lot softer than concrete

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
rowjimmytour - nothing to do with fins but just had to give you props for the BH Surfers lyrics! They were my first concert, and hard to believe someone taped it and put it online. I am one of the kids in the long white t-shirt when the put the house lights up:LOL:
back when I was a little skate punk - not much has changed, just the boards cuz the water is a lot softer than concrete
Is this 000's new handle?

If not, you two would be besties.

• Haha

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
yes really. mine are probably 5 years old. they always seemed seemed kinda squat to me. not sure if stretch changed the spec or todd down at fu did it for him:roflmao:

Measured 5.5" height and 5.25" base and really feeled nice on my It 2win. Fins had a nice combo of traction and carve both fs and bs I think I like em:)

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

69 It 2Win
6'9" x15.25" x20" x14.25" x2.5" Buzznose, pintail, Fins Unlimited 2win template 5.5"(h) 5.25"(b). My It 2 win has same rocker as my buzzsaw and 2x4 step up which means more rocker then my superbuzz and gbuzz with the single to double bottom. The foil is insane looks like foil on my 2x4 step up with tucked under rails perfect for twin set up. I got a chance to test at local beachbreak low tide slight offshore waist high with some shoulder high sets. Board has nice glide paddling with foiled rails and rocker but I can see what others said for groveling and hard to catch a bump like a log or mid side and power into but has great glide down line on smaller waves. I found the FU 2 win set perfect ratio of glide and traction both frontside and back and my feet found sweet spot easy. Which this twin has bigger spot then my Alpha Omega twin but also has more rocker, foil, and a good 1'1"more of rail.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019

Measured 5.5" height and 5.25" base and really feeled nice on my It 2win. Fins had a nice combo of traction and carve both fs and bs I think I like em:)
might be the perspective but those fins look like a different template from the ones i got back in 2016.

they look closer to a mr than the squatty ones i have

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
might be the perspective but those fins look like a different template from the ones i got back in 2016.

they look closer to a mr than the squatty ones i have
I took a tape and measured them and yes very close and felt very nice in semi closed out waist to chest beachbreak. Has very similar hold as TA twin glass but may have more drive but also could be my It has more rail and much bigger sweet spot with all the rocker and foil.
FU 2win: 5.5" (h) 5.25"(b)
TA twin 5.55" (h) 5.12"(b)

Reactions: doc_flavonoid