stretch boards support and board pron thread

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Has anyone tried their gbuzz as a 2+1? I’d been borrowing a friends Lost Cali Twin. Out of curiosity I measured the fin placement. It’s darn near exactly the same as my Gbuzz fronts + rear (have 5 fin set up). I’d just try it out myself but my only 2+1 fins are fcs and my gbuzz is futures.
I liked both super, and gbuzz as twinny plus trailers.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Just got a new 2x4 step up and love it. 6'7" x 20 x 2.8. I can see why people love Stretch boards. CFT construction doesn't really feel like my other EPS boards.
stoked for you.thats a great boar

i put an order in last week for a 2win step ip. 6-4 19.75 2.55 always like a little extra length in my boars. hopefuly it still shy of the dreaded middy

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
How do you guys think about total fin area when it’s twin plus trailer? I feel like for thrusters (or quads) everyone goes by small, medium, large based on your weight and that pretty much works.

But the variation on twins is pretty big. That panda set, despite the small trailer is more fin than the t1. And the chippa Wilson set is way more fin than the panda set? Do you base the size of the side fins off your weight, and then adjust the trailer size on preferred feel on the sliding scale of twin to thruster?

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
How do you guys think about total fin area when it’s twin plus trailer? I feel like for thrusters (or quads) everyone goes by small, medium, large based on your weight and that pretty much works.

But the variation on twins is pretty big. That panda set, despite the small trailer is more fin than the t1. And the chippa Wilson set is way more fin than the panda set? Do you base the size of the side fins off your weight, and then adjust the trailer size on preferred feel on the sliding scale of twin to thruster?
i prefer dedicated twinnys over trailered. so that said, the mr template is still the gold standard for performance twins and most of the current upright templates (esp.panda akila nvs ta twin t1...) are more or less ripped off the original with a few minor tweaks.

currently liking the ta twin template. it has a nice balance of height base and rake

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016

That's a good question, and it would be cool to have a scale from thruster to twin feel, or vice versa. I pretty much only ride twins now, but have tried a few different twinny plus trailer sets. I just kinda figured that if there were five boxes, like my super buzz and pug, that I'd need a substantial amount of fin area to match that of a quad or thruster. I was hoping to get the user friendly free speed of the twin, along with some control/pivot with trailer, and on that count that Chippa set delivered for me. On my pug, it just seemed natural, especially with that boards outline, the superbuzz surprised me though. I thought maybe there was to much going in the end of the tail (width, concaves, rocker, etc) to make a twin plus trailer work on that model. So for me that set was great in boards, that were designed as thrusters or quads, but I didn't really like them as a pure twin, in a 2win I like a more raked out fin like Tyler Warren, or the Alkali Erickson's. Oddly enough I didn't like the Tyler Warren set with the trailer in my pug or superbuzz, maybe it was the rake?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Has anyone tried their gbuzz as a 2+1? I’d been borrowing a friends Lost Cali Twin. Out of curiosity I measured the fin placement. It’s darn near exactly the same as my Gbuzz fronts + rear (have 5 fin set up). I’d just try it out myself but my only 2+1 fins are fcs and my gbuzz is futures.
I tried the AMT set and worked alright but for me once I tried the Stretch contollers (FU#3) been sold and never tried any thing else

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
i prefer dedicated twinnys over trailered. so that said, the mr template is still the gold standard for performance twins and most of the current upright templates (esp.panda akila nvs ta twin t1...) are more or less ripped off the original with a few minor tweaks.

currently liking the ta twin template. it has a nice balance of height base and rake
Doc agree 100% love TA glass twin set for my Alpha Omega twin and could not stand AMT set with back fin. It just felt like a loose thruster to me but had no twin charm:) Have you tried the 2win FU set yet? I ordered a pair with my It 2win coming so find out soon if I like em so far love all FU stretch fin sets. For grovel gbuzz use #3, super buzz, buzzsaw, and 2x4 step up #2 (step up 4.25"/4").

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Have you tried the 2win FU set yet? I ordered a pair with my It 2win coming so find out soon if I like em so far love all FU stretch fin sets. For grovel gbuzz use #3, super buzz, buzzsaw, and 2x4 step up #2 (step up 4.25"/4").
i have a set of stretchs twin fu template. they were my go to in my 6-0 dbl wing rnd tail 2win. loved them in that boar but oddly not in any of my other twinnys.

i dont have them in front of me at moment but i remember them being basier and not as tall as the mr template. great drive but not as much hold off the bottom.

im going to give them a go in my new 2win when it arrives. im thinking that the narrower width on the step up is going to be a good fit for the fu and smooth out some of the skitters that the wider 6-0 had in bigger surf.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
i have a set of stretchs twin fu template. they were my go to in my 6-0 dbl wing rnd tail 2win. loved them in that boar but oddly not in any of my other twinnys.

i dont have them in front of me at moment but i remember them being basier and not as tall as the mr template. great drive but not as much hold off the bottom.

im going to give them a go in my new 2win when it arrives. im thinking that the narrower width on the step up is going to be a good fit for the fu and smooth out some of the skitters that the wider 6-0 had in bigger surf.
I believe the 2win fins are 5.5" I think same height as TA twin set but how is the base compared?

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I stalled out in a bottom turn on my backhand with the stretch twins, ended up face planting I got thrown off so quick. Had to go with K2 template, the cheaper alpha k2 work great so far. I get a little more drive and springiness with the K2's as well.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I stalled out in a bottom turn on my backhand with the stretch twins, ended up face planting I got thrown off so quick. Had to go with K2 template, the cheaper alpha k2 work great so far. I get a little more drive and springiness with the K2's as well.
How big is your 2win or twin you rode? This is for It 2win 6'9" mid size twin plenty of rail. Also I noticed on my Alpha Omega (5'8" my height 19.5" 2.375")if you do not get your back foot right over fin cluster slide out every time.

Last edited: