stretch boards support and board pron thread

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Riding a tiny Mr Buzz is so addicting. It's all I want to surf from knee high to well overhead. It's addicting because when I'm surfing it's so high performance and I can fit turns in where I normally wouldn't and it's also addicting paddling around because it's so tiny that I feel like I'm working really hard to catch waves or when I get caught inside. It feels like a workout. I'm paddling as efficiently and as hard as possible to catch waves / not get worked. Adding adversity is exciting, my other higher volume boards feel like cheating now.

Currently on a used 5'3 x 19.25" x 2.2" SK8 deck (29.2 liters).
On order is a 5'3 x 19.5" x 2.3" SK8 deck (30.7 liters), should be done in a couple weeks.

Last edited:

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
haha did you post pics of your board?

it is a work out indeed.
i get low back "pain" after riding mine for too long. is my only board i get that from after surfing!!

mins a 5'4". My friend sent me a picture of me surfing and the board actually doesn't look thaaat small. when i see videos of others their boards look small a sht in relation to their height.

Reactions: Aruka

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I haven't posted a pic of my used one. I'll post one later. I don't get back pain, but I do get shoulder pain from dragging myself around the lineup, but I love it. I feel like I went to the gym. Also, going really fast on a small board is so fun, especially on overhead waves.

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
Have surfed my 2win about 10x and for me, bigger fins have been more consistent feeling.

Tried Stretch's 5.125 twins, very loose, felt insane when the wave had enough curve to push against but squirrely on flatter waves.

Moved up to the Captain Fin Chippa Twin (5.7") good and the Alkali twin (similar size, a bit more raked) even better.

The board has a noticeably tighter feeling on more vertical waves where you could get away with less fin. Normally I try to find a set of fins I like with the board and not mess with it, this board could be different.

Reactions: Bman76 and johnson7

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I agree with Peter, it's really light, and does feel like it gives you a little jump out of a pump, or turn. I'm curious to see how it holds up compared to my CFT boards.

Reactions: paunch23

ocean7847

Miki Dora status
Jun 23, 2004
the Injured Reserve
Hey, are any of the stretch guys still chiming I on this thread on occasion?

I ask because i blew out a side fin of my stretch S1 quad fin setup and really want to get it replaced - been riding this set forever and I’m totally a fan... I tried calling the shop and left a voicemail, but no call back, and no idea if they’re on furlough/closure...

anyone? Bueller?

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Sorry to re-hash this. I know the Super Buzz has been well covered here. But I'm also way to lazy to re-read 158 pages of posts. Do you agree with the below (if not why). Be very helpful if you adjust opinions to an intermediate level. Everyday board for me is stuff like Lost RNF, CI Rocket Wide, Roberts White Diamond. Most short board shape I've had was a Stretch Skate that we widened out to 5'10 20 wide:

1- Easy to ride, good everyday board, but not a super groveler
2- Sk8 deck- seems mixed...maybe fun for advanced surfers, maybe not so great so intermediates

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'd say it was a great every day board. I could ride it from knee high to well overhead maybe even double overhead.

I love the sk8 deck.

There's two SuperBuzz's in the store now: a 5'6 at 30 liters and a 5'7 at 31 liters.

Reactions: johnson7

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
IT riders talk to me. Read all the takes on it in this thread over the years. Anyone still on one? What are you liking?