stretch boards support and board pron thread

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
For me it was night and day better

Faster off the take off and more playful in turns .

As a quad it was fast but only after a pump or 2 and felt slow in turns .

That board at retodd reef was magic

Reactions: Bman76 and johnson7

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
agree on twin plus on super buzz as well.

AMT + trailer was by far my favorite fin setup on that board (tried lots of controller variations, stretch quads, twins with quad trailers, etc.)

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
agree on twin plus on super buzz as well.

AMT + trailer was by far my favorite fin setup on that board (tried lots of controller variations, stretch quads, twins with quad trailers, etc.)
Sh!t... How have I not tried this!?

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Does anyone know if you can order one off designs from stretch?

Like if I wanted a custom longboard glider?

I really like the legacy construction but I can’t find on their site if they only shape what models They offer or they have one offs

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Yeah, you can definitely order one off designs, I've ordered a couple in the past. I had a single fin hull type thing, and then he did a cool custom "what" for me, they were both kinda based off his version/vision of Liddles.

Superbuzz was pretty sweet as a twin+trailer this weekend!

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
Wow twin plus trailer huh...
is there a relation between length of boards and fins you should use? Just out of curiosity.

seems to me like a board that short with twin fins just looks weird , idk‍♂ I know is a wide tail. But it is a very short board. OR does the rule ”wide tail/big fins” still apply?.

thanks...

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I know a lot of guys on here swear by the S2 templates, I finally got a set, and you could probably save a lot of money by just leaving those in your board. I just got my superbuzz back from my buddy I sold it to, and its been so fun, I wanted to play around with it. I used to run buzz trollers on it too, you had to man handle it, but it always rewarded you with a bunch of drive, and projection. The twin + trailer set is faster/free right off the get go, and seems to hold in a turn, and I had it some punchy waves Sunday.

I've got a few different sets of twin + trailers, and was looking for a way to use them, and I think I found it. One of my favorite boards that I ran this set exclusively on was a "pug," and I really liked it. Yeah, it makes me wonder I why I sold that board and convinced myself I needed a superbuzz, it's a never ending cycle I guess?

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I thought they both looked pretty similar, both seem like big fins, with a lot of surface area, and seem to be more pivot than rake. I surf beach break 99.9% of the time so I figured with all that surface area they would be drivey, but snappy too, although I didn't really like them as a pure twin fin set, in a twin. They seem pretty fun in my superbuzz, plenty of drive, and they held in nice, with a snappy release, they were awesome in my pug too. Getting back to your question though, they look really similar to your "Elmore" set, and are similar size, so I'm not sure if it will be a huge difference? I have a set of the Tyler Warren twins too, they were also great in my pug, but I didn't like them in the superbuzz, not enough drive or push. I think that may have more to do with tail width and bottom contours too.

Reactions: Bman76
Mar 19, 2013
Been eyeing up the 2win forever, I am going to finally pull the trigger when/if my boards sell. Anyone have any advice on sizing? Usually around 30 liters here. 6'1 195 right now, in NJ so rubber is usually a factor. Fins? Any info is much appreciated.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Been eyeing up the 2win forever, I am going to finally pull the trigger when/if my boards sell. Anyone have any advice on sizing? Usually around 30 liters here. 6'1 195 right now, in NJ so rubber is usually a factor. Fins? Any info is much appreciated.
had a dbl bump round pin 6-1 pugged 2" down to 5-11. i'm like 6-1 180ish. can't remember the thickness but i think it was around 33l. i'm old rubbered up and like foam. used stretch's fin template. board went great in norcal. shuffled it out and went back to thrusters. prolly should have kept it. i'd get a center box to have a trailer option if i were do it again. might

Reactions: obpmem

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
I just got a 5'10" x 19" x 2.3" @ 28L and I'm 5'9" 155. Size feels spot on for me -- board paddles well but rails are still super refined. It's a "shortboard" but the outline is pretty generous.

Still playing with fins and will post a review when I get more time on it.

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I'm 6'1" weigh about 190 my 2win is 5'8 32L with DFT. I still haven't found fins I like for it. I have the stretch twins they are good most days but lack drive, which is typical for performance twins. And I have the large rasta keel twins, which have too much hold for my style, but if you want longer drawn out turns then they are good. Keeping my eye out for a fin that is inbetween those two but on clearance sale.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I'm 6'1" weigh about 190 my 2win is 5'8 32L with DFT. I still haven't found fins I like for it. I have the stretch twins they are good most days but lack drive, which is typical for performance twins. And I have the large rasta keel twins, which have too much hold for my style, but if you want longer drawn out turns then they are good. Keeping my eye out for a fin that is inbetween those two but on clearance sale.
Try the true ames glass twin set I use in my Alpha Omega twin. They have nice combo of hold and drive more suited to twin late 70z early 80z then the upright sets.

Reactions: urchined