stretch boards support and board pron thread

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Dims and what fins please? Sweet lookin' 2x4...
Shoots I forgot the Dims on that thing. I know Dave modeled it after a Bruce Irons model Stretch made for him. Kids got a selection of fins and not sure what he's running. I do know he does ride it as a quad and try depending on conditions.

Sorry dont have much info

Reactions: rowjimmytour

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Racer, I know you have had two SuperBuzzes and now have the 5'3 Mr. Buzz. I have had all of the offerings in the Buzz series (Mr.Buzz, SuperBuzz, BuzzSaw, G-Buzz, 2x4). I loved them all. I think the Mr. Buzz is the most dramatic application of the design and the 2x4 is the most 'conventional' if the HPSB is the baseline for convention.

My guess you have tasted this in the Mr. Buzz compared to your SuperBuzz. Everything that I reckon you think you would get by stretching the outline with a BuzzSaw you get (little more glide, little more rail line, etc) with the short radius arcs with the double concave, tail rocker, continuous rocker combo on the SuperBuzz. I had two BuzzSaws the last one being more appropriate to my former size - 5'9 x 19.2 x2.2 Sk8 deck. But since I surf East Coast windswell beach break that is mostly short, quick and dumpy while being crunchy and punchy the more extreme features of the Mr. Buzz are exciting and helpful for my wants. For reference my Mr. Buzz is 5'5 x 19.5 x 2.25 sk8 deck and feels really good for me at 5'10 x 195 x 43 yrs old. I also surf my Mr. Buzz in literal thigh high waves with a 5/4 and boots and gloves so long as the wave is curvy. My experience with all of the Buzz Series boards is that they do very well with curvy/bowly waves of any size. I have no idea how you make distinctions for them with the power and size of HI's waves.

I imagine if I surfed longer period waves I would like the BuzzSaw if not just at 2x4.

For reference, I liked the SuperBuzz more than the BuzzSaw for smaller (waist high) and weaker waves but both worked for me.

My Stretch quiver is now two boards, 5'5 Mr. Buzz and 6'2 2x4 swallow tail. If I were to add one, it would go with SuperBuzz or G-Buzz, just for better paddling in weaker small waves.

You are reading my mind. I have had two SB's and even a 6'5 2x4 that I used as a step up (wish I kept it). I am addicted to the Mr Buzz. I am riding it from knee high to almost double overhead. It feels like I'm being shot out of a cannon and my brain can't even keep up, then I go to the most critical part of the wave and do an out of control turn, some how pull it and go flying to the next section. It is wild. I keep pushing it on how late I can do a turn and still pull it. It's addicting. I'm also popping these little straight airs off the inside reef rip bowl at the end of my waves that is so fun.

Part of me wants to stretch it out and get a Buzzsaw, but majority of me wants to just order another MrBuzz that is slightly beefed up cause it's all I want to ride. I think the traditional look of a Buzzsaw is actually a deterrent for me - I want that tiny board MrBuzz feel and look.

Thank you for the feedback, based on what you said you are confirming my thought of getting a second MrBuzz. I will probably sell this 5.3 because it's tiny. Stretch's handwriting is hard to read but I'm pretty sure it's a 2.2" not a 2.3" like I thought. Dylan told me mine is probably 29.06 liters - which isn't crazy for me at 6'1 and 185-190, but if I could bump it up to 30.5ish, I think this would be a killer all arounder. I have a Super Fling for tiny waves and I have two pyzel ghosts for anything overhead.

Last edited:

dirtandrib

OTF status
Jan 24, 2011
NC
Race, sounds like you know what you want. Your assessment corresponds to mine on the Buzz series. I don't drink liquor, but like wine and beer due to more moderate taste and the larger margin of error so I loose not my control or mind. But I like my Buzzes the other way. The Buzz Series 2x4 and Buzzsaw are wine and beer, easier to drink, not as strong tasting, but they have the sauce in them but not too strong for fear of what will happen. The Mr. Buzz is straight liquor. All the buzz of the others and then some in small, potent package. The sauce is amplified and the others Buzzes don't do the same thing. Maybe Mr. Buzz was named for more than Nathan's dog.I think you like the liquor version of the Buzz bottom.

I bought Dylan's custom Mr. Buzz. It is beautiful. 5'5 x 19.5 x 2.3 Sk8 deck with a custom foam stain. It is label 30.7 L and it surfs and paddles more than that. At your height these dims would be even easier for you to throw around. I'm 5'10 and love the 5'5.

Moderation in all things is a proverb I live by. I have taken in all the moderate versions in the following order - 2x4 and Buzzsaw; then G-Buzz, and SuperBuzz - to get down to the last option, Mr. Buzz. For me it is the best yet.

I really like the dims on mine.

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Hey Buzzards! Stocked to be back on the Buzz train. Sold my custom, which was a Super about 4 years ago and a buddy just kicked me down some type of custom. No logo, but looks to be a Superish?

Anyways what fins are you guys using these days? Board has Future boxes. Had a set of FU Buzztrolers I unfortunately off'ed. It looks like they are sold out. Also had luck with SA quads, not sure you can get those anymore as well? Also if anyone is looking to off a set, hit me up. Thanks!

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
The Mr. Buzz is straight liquor. All the buzz of the others and then some in small, potent package. The sauce is amplified and the others Buzzes don't do the same thing. Maybe Mr. Buzz was named for more than Nathan's dog.I think you like the liquor version of the Buzz bottom.
It's very addicting, how far you can push it and whip it around. I don't want to ride anything else. Even if it's small, I'd still rather make it work. It forces you to stay in the pocket on all your turns and go top to bottom. Sometimes I'll black out and do 5 snaps in a row really close together. I'm actually enjoying working harder to catch waves, maybe I won't reorder a slightly bigger one. I can't wait to surf it in some clean spring waves on the North Shore in the next couple months.

Anyways what fins are you guys using these days?
I used merrick large THRUSTER on my superbuzzes and liked them, but don't currently have a superbuzz.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
It's very addicting, how far you can push it and whip it around. I don't want to ride anything else. Even if it's small, I'd still rather make it work. It forces you to stay in the pocket on all your turns and go top to bottom. Sometimes I'll black out and do 5 snaps in a row really close together. I'm actually enjoying working harder to catch waves, maybe I won't reorder a slightly bigger one. I can't wait to surf it in some clean spring waves on the North Shore in the next couple months.
Mr. Buzz > Fling???

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Stop. I’m gonna end up ordering one.

6’1, used to some width 21+, what size would you go?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Stop. I’m gonna end up ordering one.

6’1, used to some width 21+, what size would you go?
I don't think you need to go too wide with these cause it's so straight.

I'm 6'1 also 185 pounds and on a 5'3 x 19.25" x 2.2" SK8 deck 29 liters. Feels good to me. I emailed Dylan about reordering a beefier one and he suggested 5'3 x 19.5" x 2.3 SK8 deck at 30.5 liters or 2.25" SK8 deck at 30 liters.

Reactions: rts265

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I'm waiting on an email from Dylan, it's been a week since I sent mine.

I'm currently going to order a 5'4" x 19.75" x 2.25" SK8 Deck Mr Buzz with a round tail or swallowtail. Trying to finalize order.
are you going to get the legacy or CFT?