Stop setting clocks back in the fall.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Started for us last Sunday. Dark at 6pm. Supposedly this is the last year here.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
I always thought it would be interesting if individuals just set their clocks how they like and lived the best they could on the setting that worked for them.

would be fine most of the time if i declared that it was 12:24pm right now and someone else was living at 1:24pm on the other side of the room

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
I always thought it would be interesting if individuals just set their clocks how they like and lived the best they could on the setting that worked for them.

would be fine most of the time if i declared that it was 12:24pm right now and someone else was living at 1:24pm on the other side of the room
What's the other side of the room?

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i used to have a high tide spot that i surfed alone for years
its full of fuckfaces now at dawn

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
You're doing it wrong.

I have spots that I specifically wait for high tide to surf.

It was that way when I lived in SD as well.
Me too.

The problem is when the tide is pushing 6ft + you need enough swell to make them work.

That's rare in November.

You're also dealing with the fact the majority of places with sand on the beach get even fatter and cop a lot of backwash ...even a lot of the reefs get backwashy with too much water, and it's even worse with the swell needed to make them work on the xL tides.

In terms of AM tides, November has:

Six 5-6ft tides
Eleven 6-7ft tides
Four 7-8ft tides

So the tide is topping out at 6ft+ in the AM on half of the days of the month (which is bad pretty much everyhwere, including the spot's you're thinking of), not including an additional six days of 5-6ft tides.

• Love
Reactions: PRCD

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
In actual point of fact, the 'fall behind' not being 2-3 weeks earlier is the main issue. Nevertheless, Duffy is correct that Winter dawn patrol is priority #1, and if we're going to make the mistake of picking one time, it should be Standard, as it is the lesser of the evils.

Reactions: jkb
Apr 10, 2021
Space Coast
Who cares if it’s dark at 5:00?

What sucks is that it’s dark when you get up in the morning. Dark earlier in the evenings doesn’t fuckk with your circadian rhythms. Waking up in the dark does.
No no no no no no no!!!!!!!! I could care less about waking up and going to work in darkness. After work I want there to be daylight and the more the better.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
No no no no no no no!!!!!!!! I could care less about waking up and going to work in darkness. After work I want there to be daylight and the more the better.
After work odds are more likely the wind sucks and you can occasionally get ambushed by sh!t at 4:45 on It's fun fuggoff @ 5pm days. But dawn patrol there's no such worry.

Reactions: jkb
Apr 10, 2021
Space Coast
After work odds are more likely the wind sucks and you can occasionally get ambushed by sh!t at 4:45 on It's fun fuggoff @ 5pm days. But dawn patrol there's no such worry.
Any waves worthy of a dawn patrol are worthy of going in late to work. I'd much rather have the daylight after work.