Stocked to be surfing again!

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
4k a month, they must have "professionals" working feeless in the country club or something, and yes, they swallow.
I know it's around 20.000 reais a month. It's a preserved area so there are lots of costs associated with maintaining it. Security is also tight... the moment you enter the gate they always know exactly where you are (which makes those one of the safest beaches in São Paulo by a mile). and it's a big area to cover too.

but it's like I said, this place is for actual millionaires, it's not just the terrain and houses that cost a fortune, maintaining it takes real though too.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
"Watching you every moment since you enter"

What a way to live.

Paranoia will destroy ya!

So glad I live in a small rural goat herder town where when you forget your car keys on the car door that one time, the neighbors stop, pull them out and leave them in your mailbox, then text you telling you where they are and saying they didn't want to disturb you. This actually happened.

Phook security.

Here it's an axe handle and a yell for your neighbor to grab his and hop the stone wall to back you up. Like the good old days in the caves. :roflmao:

Reactions: brukuns

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

What a way to live.

So glad I live in a small rural goat herder town where when you forget your car keys on the car door that one time, the neighbors stop, pull them out and leave them in your mailbox, then text you telling you where they are and saying they didn't want to disturb you. This actually happened.

Phook security.

Here it's an axe handle and a yell for your neighbor to grab his and hop the stone wall to back you up. Like the good old days in the caves. :roflmao:
Most of where Brukuns is from is like that too. Except your neighbor just keeps driving you car, and when you see him he waves and smiles like he owns it . . . . because at that point he kind of does.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Stocken fer brukuns he's not play-stocken by the looks of those pics either.
Sometimes I kinda miss the @Cavelife, but I live amongst chicken-herders so my perspective is a little un-skewed.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil

What a way to live.

Phook security.

They do not fuck around. None of the homes can lift walls or anything due to regulations, so it's all of those over the top houses completely exposed to all of the visitors. It's Brazil, poor country. Poverty brings crime, you can't fuck around.

Even in Venice Beach I felt (and did that everyday) I could leave my stuff (towel, keys, etc) alone on the sand while I was out surfing the breakwater. Maybe the one place you can do that in São Paulo is at those beaches. When it comes to crime and violence, Brazil and the US are at very, very different levels. My point is, I couldn't be more glad they have all that freaking security where I surf, the moar the bedda!

Reactions: SharkBoy

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Stocked rant.

I think the only time I surfed as much as I'm surfing now (ok, maybe more) was when I was living in Santa Monica and surfed Venice most days. But even then it was bad and crowded. I would surf epic waves at OC on the weekends but you guys know your crowd.

Lately I have been driving to the coast (2 hours one way) every damn single swell, and there's been a bunch of fun ones and our sand bank is the best i've ever seen it. I used to only drive down on weekends and would miss a bunch of swells specially during the summer when they're spaced out and you could go more than a month without a single swell on a weekend.

But waves have been fun and I have been surfing behind closed gates from 4:30 to 7:30 sharing waves only with the local crowd in an excellent vibe.

It will be 3ft+ @11s this Friday and Saturday, with excellent winds and I will def be on it and stoked, I don't even care I wake up at 2am and will still work later that day, totally worth it.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Stocked rant.

I think the only time I surfed as much as I'm surfing now (ok, maybe more) was when I was living in Santa Monica and surfed Venice most days. But even then it was bad and crowded. I would surf epic waves at OC on the weekends but you guys know your crowd.

Lately I have been driving to the coast (2 hours one way) every damn single swell, and there's been a bunch of fun ones and our sand bank is the best i've ever seen it. I used to only drive down on weekends and would miss a bunch of swells specially during the summer when they're spaced out and you could go more than a month without a single swell on a weekend.

But waves have been fun and I have been surfing behind closed gates from 4:30 to 7:30 sharing waves only with the local crowd in an excellent vibe.

It will be 3ft+ @11s this Friday and Saturday, with excellent winds and I will def be on it and stoked, I don't even care I wake up at 2am and will still work later that day, totally worth it.
brukuns why not move a lil closer to the coast?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Stocked for you @brukuns. I didn't surf for even longer because I had 3 kids, lived about 40 minutes from breaks that weren't worth the drive due to wind conditions, and working on my 'reer to provide for my family. Family is one of the few things that gives this life meaning.