Still battling the crowds in Salina Cruz?

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
If you have a car getting over to Pascuales won't be a big deal. If you have to bus it, I expect you'll hop a school bus or similar in Cuyutlan, take that to Armeria, take a bus to Tecoman, then take the bus out to Pascuales. Some taxis around but that round trip could be $10-15 one way.

If you are busing/taxiing it, I'd bring a towel and dry clothes, and plan on eating at one of the restaurants fronting Pascuales post-surf and ask them to hold onto your sh!t while you surf. The first hotel where the road meets the beach, Real Pascuales (Edgar's) has a restaurant adjoining and a shower so you can wash off.
There is a New Zealand family that has a hostel you can stay at right in front of the main break at pascuales. Great family.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
There is a New Zealand family that has a hostel you can stay at right in front of the main break at pascuales. Great family.
Got a ride back to the beach from town with him one day. Was going to hit the internet and some food. Chicken rig shits itself a dogshit walk in either direction in the afternoon heat. Kiwi Dave rocks up and stops to check on it. Offers me and another dude a ride back.

I was told he was sailing up the Mexican coast 35 years ago, not far from shore, and there were swells just crossing up out the back. Came in close, went for a surf, sailed to Manzanillo, sold his boat, been there ever since.

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
Got a ride back to the beach from town with him one day. Was going to hit the internet and some food. Chicken rig shits itself a dogshit walk in either direction in the afternoon heat. Kiwi Dave rocks up and stops to check on it. Offers me and another dude a ride back.

I was told he was sailing up the Mexican coast 35 years ago, not far from shore, and there were swells just crossing up out the back. Came in close, went for a surf, sailed to Manzanillo, sold his boat, been there ever since.
Thats him Kiwi Dave! - I got injured (waves pack a serious punch) - fins sliced my calf bad and he and his family totally took care of me!