Sticker Game

Am I too old for putting stickers on sh!t?

• Yes

Votes: 26 70.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
the only time I would ever put a sticker on a board is to temporarily cover a ding. my washer in the garage has a bunch of random stickers on it though

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I forgot. My boss paid for a surf trip and asked us to put stickers on our boards for photos. It felt kind of silly but obviously I wasn't going to bite the hand that feeds. They were pretty low key stickers, especially when compared to the XTR rail lams.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
My trash cans have stickers on them that i didn't want to throw away when i cleaned out the garage, so i stuck on my trash cans. (People try and swap out trash cans from other neighbors when the trash guys breaks them, so thats also a way to keep track they are mine). Both my cars have stickers on the back windows. Boars have stickers. Yeti cup has a sticker. Skateboard has stickers. Snowboard has stickers. (Snowboard has some oldddd stickers that are fun to talk about when on the lift with someone my age.)

ehiunno

OTF status
Dec 27, 2019
lol @ this place

I still put stickers on my work laptop. Mostly surfing/skating or techno/rave related. My wife thinks its childish but I think it's hilarious to sit in a room full of academics with pristine MacBooks rocking a gaming laptop covered in loud stickers.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
We have really stepped up the thread quality these days. This one could be better than the leash string one. :D

Not a fan of stickers personally. Used to do a good amount of racing. Sometimes you have to sticker for sponsors which I never liked, but its a trade off if they are giving you something in return. Boards same deal, I like them clean unless I'm getting something out of it. Doesn't bother me either way if somebody else does it. I can careless what others are doing unless they are being a douche and killing my vibes. If you like to sticker, sticker away brah!

If you want to have some fun though, sticker your buddies vehicle/board when they aren't looking and see how long it takes for them to notice. I had a friend do this once to another friend and they guy went savage. Stickers definitely trigger some people, haha.

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
We have really stepped up the thread quality these days. This one could be better than the leash string one. :D

Not a fan of stickers personally. Used to do a good amount of racing. Sometimes you have to sticker for sponsors which I was never liked, but its a trade off if they are giving you something in return. Boards same deal, I like them clean unless I'm getting something out of it. Doesn't bother me either way if somebody else does it. I can careless what others are doing unless they are being a douche and killing my vibes. If you like to sticker, sticker away brah!

If you want to have some fun though, sticker your buddies vehicle/board when they aren't looking and see how long it takes for them to notice. I had a friend do this once to another friend and they guy went savage. Stickers definitely trigger some people, haha.
Skate park local ripper handed out tons of this guyz racing stickers to put every where. He said dude would not listen anyone else "GG syndrome" and claimed he was the best and fastest etc so we pasted everything in town or near sk8 park with his stickers.

Reactions: trifish

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Steeekers (yes thats how they say it) are like Currency in Baja and the Race Teams typically provide for the locals when there. I worked with a race team whos main sponsor was Monster and they loved those the most.

Always have some with me when traveling that way to hand out even when not working.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Steeekers (yes thats how they say it) are like Currency in Baja and the Race Teams typically provide for the locals when there. I worked with a race team whos main sponsor was Monster and they loved those the most.

Always have some with me when traveling that way to hand out even when not working.
You don't happen to race a pink jeep and used to go by peniscola on the erbb by chance:shrug:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I think you can generally judge the surfer by the amount of stickers on his board and car. If there are lots, he's either a pro or a kook. Nothing in between. It's a kook or Curren thing.

Reactions: ehiunno

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA

C’mon that’s different. It’s for the kids!
We’re talking about us- presumably grownups- and whether it’s cool to sticker your own boar or car.
LOL

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
C’mon that’s different. It’s for the kids!
We’re talking about us- presumably grownups- and whether it’s cool to sticker your own boar or car.
LOL
NOPE. Adults want them just as much and if you spend any time in Baja you see their cars, homes, etc. are decorated with them.

Do I feel like GG right now with you coming at me LOLOLOLOLOL