Stewart 949

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Anyone ridden one of these? Interesting fin set up for sure. Wish I knew how to embed photos...I already have a 7’6 Funline (fun board , I know) and enjoy the glide and slide that the design provides in weak 1-3ft waves. It also has 3/4 fin boxes that allow me to put huge Aipa twin fins to really loosen it up ....There’s a 6’3 949 at the local that has me thinking about going with it...ride reports anyone? TIA..

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
+1 on Retodd

Pro tip: If someone on a Stewart paddles out, you’re gonna wanna give them a wide berth. From my personal experience in LA/OC, They could be one of few different types of surfers, but none are going to be who you wanna share a lineup with. LOL.
High performance longboarding is an oxymoron IMHO

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
+1 on Retodd

Pro tip: If someone on a Stewart paddles out, you’re gonna wanna give them a wide berth. From my personal experience in LA/OC, They could be one of few different types of surfers, but none are going to be who you wanna share a lineup with. LOL.
High performance longboarding is an oxymoron IMHO
Always thought it was the Archer not the arrows when it comes to lineup etiquette and wide berth spaces but I’d gladly thank you for the space just based upon a logo....always looking for a different flow and the beveled edge hull whatever it is or they call it does seem to work with what I’m riding in 1-3ft waves and the 7’6 fits in my truck cab when I’m working on the road. But yes, I would not want to buy a Porsche SUV or a Mayhem single when there are already better models available for that purpose.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
+1 on Retodd

Oh no. It's the same in Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I have to admit to owning a Stewart Redline 11. When I was struggling with a shoulder injury I bought a Hayden Hypto Kripto and a Stewart Redline 11 both to help me catch waves. The Hypto turned out to be the worst shortboard I've ever ridden. Dumped it almost immediately. The Redline 11 turned out to be one of the better longboards I've ridden.

Reactions: andywaxer