Steak

WindowLicker

Nep status
Aug 4, 2021
I tried to order steak out twice in my life. Both times I got what appeared to be taco bell carne asada super-glued to a child's sneaker that washed up on the beach. Could dull a blow torch.

One time I got lazy and ordered a steak at Ruth's Chris and didn't know if I wanted 'normal' I had to ask for my steak served Polish Bike Ride or Texas Chili Bowl or whatever. Cleveland Steamer. They did that butter thing. Generally, I don't care. A1, cool. BBQ sauce, not my thing but okay. Worcestershire, cool. Ketchup, meh but it'll scrape off. Mushrooms or onions or whatever, fine....

I dunno if they did it wrong or what, but it was heinous - public school Salisbury levels. I took one bite and ate my sides.

Hopefully I never set foot in the place again but if they're out of fish, chicken, and shrimp, I'll help them cut costs tell them to have the DoorDash driver hit McD's and ask one of the hobos in the men's room to jack off on the patty and call it filet.
try Morton’s

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
when it's time to switch it up i like the argentine style steak w/ chimichuri.

pretty dank stuff.
Bife de chorizo! If you’re ever in Mexico City hit the Rincón Argentino in Polanco. For brazo style La Amazona in Morelia. I think there’s one in Cabo too. Número 1!

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I knew you anti dry rub guys would show up eventually :roflmao: :jamon: Take it to the politics forum.

no but for real, I hear you about doing as little as possible and just tasting the pure meaty goodness of high quality beef. But for quick and dirty grilling recipes with mid grade supermarket beef, a little added zest just livens it up. And I’ll not talking some thick ass layer of rub like you might do with a big roast or a prime rib or rack of lamb, just a healthy dusting of the rub and an hour or two at room temp. Makes the meat inside that flame-seared outer layer takes that much sweeter
Mostly I prefer to jump over the fence, leap upon a cow and tear out chunks with my teeth.

Life is hard when you're a purist.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
when it's time to switch it up i like the argentine style steak w/ chimichuri.

pretty dank stuff.
100% concur. Even started to grown my own parsley so I could make the chimichurri at home.

And the escaped* horse radish by the blueberry, when freshly ground, makes an excellent addition as well.

* - Grew it in a pot one year and had poor results, so I tossed it in the compost bin (which is really just a large clay pot) at the end of fall. Next year, used compost to ready a small section of the garden for some cherry tomatoes. By end of summer, had decent tomato haul and a new horseradish plant going gangbusters. Dug it up, cut in half, replanted the top and next spring, had two plants: where it was by the tomato and where I had replanted it. Fast forward a few years, how the hell do I have all these horse radish starts around the blueberry?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Somewhere in Africa some kid wishes he had issues with horseradish in his blueberries :poke::)