Starting over...

Mar 20, 2019
Imagine you just lost all your gear. It got stolen or broke and now you need to start from scratch. What foil would you buy? Knowing what you know now, what wings are available or about to be released, what would you get? You can't get a bro deal, or cheap from a friend. You're paying full retail. What's your choice and why?

Dec 5, 2018
Because I do shortboard, sup and dw, I need a full quiver.

If it is right now I would definetly go to Axis with 4 wings (75/82/90/102)

If I have more time and more money, maybe I would choose (if I could try before) :

Gofoil GL with the 3 wings but I need two mast/fuselage so it would be expensive.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Ah interesting twist. I assumed you meant if I was to start over again just learning. Which in that case I'd go gongfoil for sure. But with a year under my belt and what I know from reading online about foils already then ...

Money no object? Signature albatross. Maybe one of their other wings. I really don't have much need for more than one wing though as I only prone surf. I would like to learn downwinding, but I don't have a board for it.

Money is a bit of an issue but I'm going to splurge? Maybe a Unifoil. Cheaper version of Signature.

Money is an issue. That delta mega surf used off of mackite. It's tempted me my whole foiling career. (they've had several for sale) Neil Pryde is an interesting proposition too. I really don't like how people talk about having to shim the baseplate though. Not sure if that's only a SUP issue or not.

If I had to buy new currently then Axis is probably the most tempting, just for all the options.

For some reason I'm biased against GoFoil. Probably because I think it sucks that they're so expensive and then they still make you spend another almost $200 on a baseplate adapter. Those Derek Hamasaki? instagram clips are almost turning me around though.

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
If it all went away today, I'd probably spring for Armstrong. Pricey, but all the guys I've talked to that have 'em love 'em and I'm enjoying foiling so much it would be worth it.

But as I'm a cheap a$$ and I already run Naish, I'm gonna stick with it. I only hear good things about the new wing set coming out.

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Not a perfect solution for me due lack of choice, but I’d really love to ride Lift. Some of the best surfing I’ve seen is on the Lifts.

Otherwise Axis, so many wings, high aspect wings, change masts..etc
NP, just look like a sweet design, hope they release more wings
Sig maybe, mainly because high aspect
Armstrong if I won the lottery....they look like they goo good.