Stamps fish left at Porto

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
My brother left his stamps fish at Porto the other day. He's not the smartest person you've ever met. :)

If anyone has any leads I can give some identifying details to prove it's his.

• Sad
Reactions: parkiteric

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I wonder how many lost boards are the result of a post surf toke. Always load the car first!

Best of luck with the search :beer:

Reactions: Bob

FresnoRipper

Michael Peterson status
Aug 25, 2002
Tim hit me up about that board after hearing about this situation. Hope he was reunited with it. That's a special TKF.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Uh, this is the coast of California. More people are stoned than not, all the time.
Plus when you are that heavy of a toker, being stoned is your normal and hardly impairing.

Not that I have any personal experience with that sort of thing.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Excuses. No telling how many times I've smoked weed before and after a surf, I've never forgotten a board. Phone? Yes. Wallet? Yes. Shoes, clothing, book, towel, girlfriend? Yes to all. Never a board, though. That'd be like forgetting your dog. If you leave your board, you didn't love it enough.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Excuses. No telling how many times I've smoked weed before and after a surf, I've never forgotten a board. Phone? Yes. Wallet? Yes. Shoes, clothing, book, towel, girlfriend? Yes to all. Never a board, though. That'd be like forgetting your dog. If you leave your board, you didn't love it enough.
Agreed. Never lost a board either. However in general I'm pretty good at not losing things.

Except for t-shirts, which I don't remember losing until I remember them 3-6+ months after the fact :foreheadslap:

Reactions: Waterlogged05

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
friend was baking and checking an outer reef with his drone. guess it was kinda slow out there cuz he got bored and drove away leaving his eye in the sky hovering 1/2 mile offshore.

lucky for him drones are actually pretty smart. once the battery started to get low it returned "home" and waited for him to come back.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I never lost a board except this one time.

Didn't really lose it... forgot to strap it on the rack of my '71 Square Back VW after leaving Oil Piers early '80s.

Unfortunately it was a brand new CI Thruster. First time I ever rode it and as we were pulling onto the freeway I heard a sound that didn't seem right then saw in the rear view my board skipping along behind us.
Pulled over to retrieve it and I was so pissed when I got to it I almost smashed it into the ground but luckily my friends were right there and stopped me. It was only a few small dings that needed to be repaired. Turned out to be one of the best boards I ever had. Yewww!

Reactions: grapedrink