Stab's Electric Acid Surfboard Test starring Noa Deane

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I thought he looked great on a couple of twin fins, but looked slow on the winner he chose. If he didn't know who shaped that one, I don't think he would have picked it.

I'd put it up there with Dane's. Noa ripped on all the boards and got fun waves. Dane's was good but some of the boards were unwatchable. Noa's were all watchable and he got fun waves. Wish he woulda trashed a few of the boards though cause he clearly struggled on a few.

I thought Noa on the Morning of the Earth twin looked incredible.

Last edited:

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
U guys are funny

Dane on a Liddle hull was epic , that was the fastest someone has ever learned to ride one and the most ripping ever done on one . I enjoyed it very much

Looking forward to watching Noa

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
c'mon sharky, give us the goods! i don't want to shell out the coin to listen to Noa D make an attempt at utilizing the english language in an ineffective way to describe the feelings he gets in his pepis (man parts) when he rides weirdo boards.
My principals will not allow this.

Last edited:

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Yeah, they're still charging for it so I don't want to abuse my advance copy privileges He looked pretty good on the Bonzer O-fish after he rode it for awhile. I was afraid he'd ride three waves and move on. He didn't. So I'm fairly happy. PS probably gets points just because he pisses people off. And I enjoy that myself, so whatever. It was fun.
Advanced copy?

Are you a member of the academy?

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Mote and the bonzer both looked like fun versatile boards. I really would have preferred to see more "proper" North Shore boards like the Tokoro instead of a bunch of 5'10s. To be fair to Noa though, riding a bunch of unfamiliar equipment out at maxing Sunset or Haleiwa probably wouldn't be a good time.

Boards I would have liked to see:

brewer single fin gun
rawson ego-booster
CI 90s glass slipper
another Burch obviously

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Yeah, they're still charging for it so I don't want to abuse my advance copy privileges He looked pretty good on the Bonzer O-fish after he rode it for awhile. I was afraid he'd ride three waves and move on. He didn't. So I'm fairly happy. PS probably gets points just because he pisses people off. And I enjoy that myself, so whatever. It was fun.
just post it up

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Watched because Gen posted a screen grab of the boards he painted and glassed for Noa. Gen Asano is a shaper that cuts the blanks at the Tokoro shop. He also glasses the team boards and Wades r&d designs.

I really like that I could ride most of those boards. 5’10 x 20 x 2 3/4 dimensions are what I order. Noa is a big guy.

I thought Noa looked really good on the Daniel Jones twin. That bs powerslide layback he did was very creative. He looked good on the Cambell Bro’s. Bronzer too. There’s a couple of my friends on DJ twins and they’ve been ripping on them.

Happy that Stab included a Wade Tokoro section in the video. It’s funny Wade never said anything about him being featured in the video. I had asked him if he would do a Stab in The Dark if invited but he said he wasn’t that interested. I guess it’s because of his relationship with Wayne Deane that he did. I remember going to pick up a board and Wade showed me that board Wayne had made him. Wade wanted to give it to Noa to ride.

The part at the end where Noa grabs the Tokoro and goes I’m keeping this one. Wade sent me an invoice and I already paid it. Haha.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
i can't figure out how to get to the original vimeo link to copy it. usually the vimeo logo in bottom right of vid would take me there but this one's not working. sorry, i'm an idiot.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
i feel like noa did well on all the boards and I liked how he didn't just give up right away if he didn't click first wave. for someone that just rides a 6'1 thruster all the time he did great adjusting to the different designs. I think the first twin he rode, the simon jones looked great. astro pop looked really good too. he ripped the bonzer and I should go back and watch but at first impression he looked even better than dane on a bonzer. he looked okay on the schroff but that elf slipper nose was so ugly it was distracting for me to watch him surf it.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I see a few of the Volcom Hawaii guys ripping on these boards around the North Shore. I don't know which ones, but I can tell by the resin swirls. Didn't know the dimensions till the full video came out but now I know why they were paddling circles around me. LOL.

Reactions: MathDebater