Stab in the dark 2023

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Watched episode 3. Flashy Italo is kinda growing on me. Like Pottz and Sunny in their prime... I rip, all you guys suck. I can beat anybody anywhere. I'm starting to like it. Guy came from literally nothing and probably owns a mountain in his hometown. Won a World Title and the first Olympic gold medal. Rags to riches. If he doesn't deserve it who does? Talk your sh!t!

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Italo is super gnarly! I think style is a huge part of surfing and it appears Italo does not worry about his style at all. Which is sort of a double edged sword. It works for him because he just goes for whatever and make him gnarly, but at the same time it doesnt always look good and is a turn off.

Slater goes for broke too, but he always makes it look good. More style from Italo would be better IMO.
Brazos and style do not go together.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I beg to differ :)

To me that video is pure homage to the air game, not necessarily to style, unless you consider style to be the act of not claiming. I think he only claimed once after a tow ride. That makes him very different from most Brazilians and I applaud him for that.

:applause2:

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
To me that video is pure homage to the air game, not necessarily to style, unless you consider style to be the act of not claiming. I think he only claimed once after a tow ride. That makes him very different from most Brazilians and I applaud him for that.

:applause2:
He is a claim-master with a cape in comps. Last night at the Surf Ranch he claimed his last wave all the way onto the dry decking material.

• Sad
Reactions: One-Off