Stab in the dark 2023

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
How Surfers Get Paid alone made my subscription worth it.Thern there's a lot of cool other stuff. I didn't subscribe for a while because I was offended,. Then I finally bit the bullet. Its worth it.

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
I guess he doesn't really need to since he's the talent.

But he'd probably do better on the CT if he knew more about his boards.

The thing that I find odd is that Stab picked him to do this series.
The more you know, the more equipment doubt might creep in.

That doubt can be a competitive weakness more often than a strength. That may be his approach, feedback on feel, let the scientist worry about the numbers.

There probably aren't but a few tour surfers besides him that can destroy a board as fast by just riding it.

I'd like to see them have a respected shaper dissect with description and numbers the chosen design and compare it to the rider's current daily or what his designer made him for the same trip.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I removed Stab from my feed when they started posting clickbait to stories behind paywalls.
How dare they charge for their labour. I'm fucking outraged as you are.

Anyways.

On Italo and the boards: I cannot discern any difference in his surfing so far on the different boards.

In the previous years, there was a clear difference and preference ( for me). Maybe its his type of surfing that is just not relatable in the slightest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Italo is super gnarly! I think style is a huge part of surfing and it appears Italo does not worry about his style at all. Which is sort of a double edged sword. It works for him because he just goes for whatever and make him gnarly, but at the same time it doesnt always look good and is a turn off.

Slater goes for broke too, but he always makes it look good. More style from Italo would be better IMO.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Rumor is that Italo's manager (the dork putting the hat on the camera in the Apple series) was trying to get Timmy Patterson to pay a bunch of money to "keep Italo on his boards". To which Timmy said, "How about I just keep putting boards under his feet that will earn him a World Title and Olympic medals."

Scott Ando

OTF status
Nov 12, 2002
Santa Barbara
Visit site
SITD is one of the rare digital surf productions out there that can hold my attention. Some heavy hitters tonight.

Episode 2 (May 11th, 5 pm PDT) – two boards advance
Britt Merrick of Channel Islands
Christiaan Bradley of Bradley Surfboards
Jason Stevenson of JS Industries
Keith Teboul of KT Surfboards
Matt ‘Mayhem’ Biolos of Lost Surfboards

STAB is offering 30 days free trial