Stab E.A.S.T. with Mick

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
It strikes me as odd that they’re already recycling surfers. Is there really no one else that they can get to do this that will drive traffic?
Could be stab is more australian centric and gets the clicks like you said. If you had a drinking game where you took a shot every time mick says yeeaaah you would be hammered by the end of every episode

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
I'm interested to watch this version of EAST but I kind of feel like there aren't enough boards and they seem too different almost to really compare them but we'll see. For some reason, EAST actually struggles to keep my attention compared to SITD even though you'd kind of think it'd be the other way around. Maybe it's because the last EAST with Mason and Coco was jusy waaaaaay too long.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
A few years back (before twins were officially in) Tyler Warren and Josh Kerr did a twin fin board test in El Salvador and the footage looked really fun. I think it was on Surfline, some of the shapers iirc included Album, Ryan Sakal, Xanadu, CI, Rozbern

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
A few years back (before twins were officially in) Tyler Warren and Josh Kerr did a twin fin board test in El Salvador and the footage looked really fun. I think it was on Surfline, some of the shapers iirc included Album, Ryan Sakal, Xanadu, CI, Rozbern
That sounds sick! If you come across the link post it.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
DAM! Kerrzy ripped that place to shreds! All the boards looked a little small on him.

Looks like they got El Sal on a good swell too! I am officially in love with El Salvador!

Reactions: bluengreen

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Love the Burch, Bryce Young, Mikey Feb suggestions. Them and Asher Pacey would be my top choices. Will those surfers "drive traffic" like Mick Fanning? No idea.

Reactions: jkb

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I think Torryn would be a good test pilot, not sure he carries the charisma to entertain off the wave for the progrm, maybe. Take him to the Mex points, can't go wrong there.

The DH/SJ, too bad it snapped, looked like it was a bit over-finned like he was forced to hold on rather than drw his lines, just a tweak away from magic.

Reactions: MathDebater and jkb