Sprained MCL taking a long time to heal.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
So I’m on week 7. Been going to PT for the past 2 weeks (once a week) and tomorrow is my 3rd appointment. The knee has gotten much better, but still not 100%...more like 75%.

The biggest issue I have at this point in the recovery is getting a full bend out of my knee without pain. A 90 degree bend (seated position) is no problem, but anything beyond that gets a little painful. I finally got in the water last week for a quick session in some crappy little waves. It felt good to be out but getting to my feet and pumping was awkward and slightly painful,but not debilitating. PT has definitely been a big help and I’m hoping to be closer to 100% as spring nears. Lucky for me, the waves haven’t been all that great here while I’ve been down and out.

Reactions: oeste858

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I has a "slight" MCL sprain in conjunction with minor tearing of the medial meniscus while skiing. The ortho looked at the MRI and said "no surgery for you!" RICE and cycling, no running or surfing. Took a good 6 months+ to heal. I was about 50 when that happened, YMMV.