Speed Dialer - what are you thoughts/experiences?

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
had two from Zamora. fun board. got rid of it cause went with Lokbox fins. sheered a bunch of them and single replacement fins got to be expensive and VERY tough to find.

theGraft

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 5, 2007
Really liked my DK faux speed dialer, it was the perfect size right off the bat.

YakAk

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 22, 2010
I have one. It's one of my all time favorite boards. Retired now, but I always threaten to repair it and bring it back to life.

haar

Michael Peterson status
Apr 28, 2011
Oceanside
Best surfing I've ever done has been on my DK Dialer. Quad fish in general fit my style of surfing best. My favorite surf for these is overhead high mush where it gets steeper on the inside but these boards grovel well and can handle the juice.

Not really a "Speed Dialer" but the most high performance turns I've ever been able to do have been on this Gary Hanel board. I feel that this is really a hpsb in fish dims. Super thin rails and tail and no beak nose. Marlin's 101s :facelick:

Shoot DJ an email and you'll be stocked :jam_on:

haar

Michael Peterson status
Apr 28, 2011
Oceanside
Both dialers are 5'10"x 20 1/2"x 2 5/8" which is pretty standard but I could probably go a little thinner or an inch or two shorter. The DK was Havoc's and the Choice I just told Rich 5'10" and crossed my fingers. Neither has dims other than length but I took a tape and calipers to them and both were same in width and thickness. If your ever in North County let me know and you can take the DK for a spin.

The GH is 5'9"x 20 1/2"x 2 1/2" but feels more like 2 1/4". I don't really surf it in the winter because wearing a suit I don't feel it floats me the same as when I have shorts and a jacket on in the summer. Probably just in my head tho.

theGraft

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 5, 2007
Brr, picks! Would love to see what they look like now? Did you get the cutaway canards?