Speechless

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
is this the one that backslid and came off the line?

there was an incident a few weeks back...repair guys had disabled the emergency brake
because it kept going off during maintenance.

humans are so dumb

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I rode one of those things in Bolivia a few years ago. We figured we would ride it to the top and then back down again. Immediately I regretted it. Cable cars are assholes.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I rode one of those things in Bolivia a few years ago. We figured we would ride it to the top and then back down again. Immediately I regretted it. Cable cars are assholes.
one of the best (worst) memories we have is doing the two legs of cable cars to the top of
Le Brevent....we hiked from the top to the mid=section and thought it was all well and good
so why not just hike the rest of the way down instead of taking the cable car back, kids?!

about 5 hours later and so much fkn crying and cursing and sliding down on our asses we
got to the bottom and the buses weren't running and the cabs wouldn't pick us up because
fk learning to speak french before going to france and there was no fkn way we were walking
home

they refer to it as the Chamonix Death March

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Those must've been some terrifying last moments.

Hopefully they were stunned from the initial jostling but methinks with 14 people there was too much padding going around and the trip to the bottom was long enough for some of them to regain their senses.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Those must've been some terrifying last moments.

Hopefully they were stunned from the initial jostling but methinks with 14 people there was too much padding going around and the trip to the bottom was long enough for some of them to regain their senses.
Years ago, my youngest sister was flying coming home from the Virgin Islands when their plane was flying near some thunderclouds in the Gulf of Mexico.

Plane hit some clear air "turbulence" that smashed a few people not wearing seatbelts into the ceiling as the plane lost lift.

She said the next 30 seconds (that felt like way longer) was engines whining then going to near silent hum then cutting out and blasting on, wings flexing, fuselage creaking, people screaming/praying/barfing/sh!tting, everything loose moving around colliding with everything, and her just wanting to just have the plane explode so she didn't have to be conscious. Pilot was able to get the plane under control and they made it to Dallas ok, bunch of people left the plane on stretchers. She said she barely slept for the next few days.

Based on this, I'll bet those poor people had plenty of awareness of what was happening as it was happening.

Last edited: