Speaking of Mr. Parmenter........

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
6'5 x 22 x 3 Epoxy V6 MPegg from Mr. Parmenter. :grin:

This gem came to me by way of two ERBB'ers - it was shaped for Echobch, and I grabbed it from VCaba21, who had it listed in the Classifieds. :cheers:

I picked it up back in July, and am finally getting around to posting about it - a few recent threads helped with the motivation. :beer:

Since getting the board, it has been my absolute 'go to', in ALL types of conditions - I honestly haven't clicked this good with a board in a very long time and have been completely stoked on this thing, from the moment I stood up on my first wave.

Speaking of that first session............the waves were complete waist high summer-time crap and I paddled out on the 'new' board just for the hell of it. I could NOT believe how well this thing performed in the sh!tty beach break conditions!

Since that time, I've had countless sessions in all types of conditions/sizes and there has never been a single time I wish I would have brought another board.

S-T-O-K-E-D!!

From the Nowtro site:

MPegg

5’6” to 7’0”

The MPegg is a component-specific replica of the stubby Michael Peterson rode at Kirra in Morning of the Earth. All the funky elements are filtered out and what remains is Fish-like speed in a large bore single-fin that is both fun-ctional in slop and a source of new sensations and lines in perfect point surf.

Active ingredients:

Wide and short planshape with widepoint well above center serves to lengthen and straighten rail line, which gives loads of speed and projection out of a super-short board.

Slight convex ‘hull’ bottom nose blends to flat and crisp vee panel at tail. Combined with a low rocker, this is one efficient hybrid planing/displacement hull.

Soft, low 70/30 rails allows full attack without skittering, yet also buries a lot of thickness without being blobby.

Standard dimensions:

16.5” – 17” Nose

21.0” Widepoint

15.0” – 15.5” Tail

2.75” to 3.0” Thickness

Single flex fin in center box; also adaptable to tri-fin or quads.

The MPegg is not a set design and can be expanded or narrowed, thickened or thinned, finned or de-finned to suit the rider's taste.

jdi

Jul 16, 2007
I really like your board. Is it eps/epoxy or poly/epoxy?
Also what fins are you using?
Thank you.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
I'm perplexed...why did Echobch and VCaba21 unload it looking like a new board?
I'd love a board like that...definitely saving pics of it and its description to maybe have a similar board shaped for me in the future.

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
Retropete said:
I'm perplexed...why did Echobch and VCaba21 unload it looking like a new board?
Hopefully, those guys can chime in, if they see this thread.

I didn't speak to Echobch about why he let it go - I just told him that another one of his boards ended up with me (he and I have bought/sold/traded many boards over the years).

If I remember correctly, I think VCaba21 had an injury that was preventing him from riding shorter boards, so he was letting this one go.

:cheers:

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
surfwax said:
I really like your board. Is it eps/epoxy or poly/epoxy?
Also what fins are you using?
Thank you.
Not sure on the eps/poly question - again, hopefully Echobch or VCaba21 can chime in.

Single fin is a 7" True Ames Greenough 4A Volan, and the side bites are from Shapers, and are their 87mm DVS (Dick Van Straalen) model, in fiberglass.

Have been thinking about trying another single fin, just to experiment, but I love this thing so much that I'm hesitant to tweak it at all :eek:

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Parmy makes really good boards
On top of that all his glassers , watermans guild - hawkenson-and the shop where he shapes in SLO

I have had
6-5 modern foil good wave board with a swallow tail
6-10 stub vector
5-9 wing swallow MP egg
6-2 occster
7-10 vector Nui
9-2 hplb truster
11-6 psv

6-0 mp egg that was to small but now it's with a fellow erbb'er

All work in a wide variety of conditions and with many different fins

Easy speed is the common factor with all his shapes

The only fault to him is the order time . kinda blows waiting 6 months now days

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
It's a 1 board quiver

Flat and fast

Full outline , plump rails , great paddle , neutral bottom = you can just stand there and cruise or surf aggresive off the tail

Ultimate fun board

win-win

Michael Peterson status
Jul 12, 2007
Had a custom 5.10 MPegg small wave version, 6 months wait that too came out too big. Sold it after 2 sessions.

Bought Retodd's old 6 foot MPegg. It was more of a good wave version with pulled in tail and some weird s*#% chined/hard rails he tailored with Parmy. This board pure magic. I will make sure to get Retodd's input for any future customs from here on out.

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
retodd said:
It's a 1 board quiver

Flat and fast

Full outline , plump rails , great paddle , neutral bottom = you can just stand there and cruise or surf aggresive off the tail

Ultimate fun board
Agreed 100% on all of this.

I will add (again) that I continue to be amazed at how well it goes in sub-par, downright sh!tty, surf and how loose and maneuverable it is, when you step back and surf it off the tail, as Retodd mentions.

The first time I got it out in clean, overhead, reef surf, I was in absolute heaven.

:cheers:

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
retodd said:
The only fault to him is the order time . kinda blows waiting 6 months now days
This definitely played into the reason why the second I saw it on the Classifieds I was immediately trying to contact VCaba21 by every possible means necessary, without even giving it a second thought.

It was one of those times when you see a board and just 'know' you need it.

Instant Gratification for the win!