South Shore Hawaii Be Going Off...

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
You're a little late. The swell came up Monday and dropped below advisory level by Friday. A late season NW swell also came in late Monday and got reinforced Wednesday probably a little bigger then the South side peak with a faction of the crowd.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
You're a little late. The swell came up Monday and dropped below advisory level by Friday. A late season NW swell also came in late Monday and got reinforced Wednesday probably a little bigger then the South side peak with a faction of the crowd.
Well Humps, does live on Vancouver Island, Canada so ya got to give the guy a little slack ~ ;) ~ Coconut wireless brah :shaka:

Last edited:

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island

Here's the very first sentence of my original post.

"Just saw this news vid but no mention on here so thought I'd throw it up."

Maybe I was a little late, but I was ahead of everyone else here when it came to acknowledging it. LOL

Thanks for your update.

Take care.

Reactions: $kully

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Here's the very first sentence of my original post.

"Just saw this news vid but no mention on here so thought I'd throw it up."

Maybe I was a little late, but I was ahead of everyone else here when it came to acknowledging it. LOL

Thanks for your update.

Take care.
True no one started a tread on the recent big south shore swell but it’s been mentioned in several existing threads. Neal @sponge and I have been posting pics and stories in Neal’s image of the day, teeroi shots, and in the community surf journal.

Here’s a pic that got sent to me of Larry Boy at Queens. Queen’s can have a epic left when it’s big and the right direction. Carry on.
44E9E5FD-D4CB-4B76-BA38-C3B2BC0766B0.jpeg

Last edited:

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
I got home late Tuesday night after working in Europe for a month. The double swells Wed were the best welcome home present imaginable and made me so thankful to live on Maui. Surfed Lahaina in the morning, kitesurfed boarderline huge Hookipa & Kuau mid-day, then made it back to Lahaina for sunset surf.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
I got home late Tuesday night after working in Europe for a month. The double swells Wed were the best welcome home present imaginable and made me so thankful to live on Maui. Surfed Lahaina in the morning, kitesurfed boarderline huge Hookipa & Kuau mid-day, then made it back to Lahaina for sunset surf.
Sounds like a great life !

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Curious, does the westside get a crazy combo swell in places? Peaky etc.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
True no one started a tread on the recent big south shore swell but it’s been mentioned in several existing threads. Neal @sponge and I have been posting pics and stories in Neal’s image of the day, teeroi shots, and in the community surf journal.

Here’s a pic that got sent to me of Larry Boy at Queens. Queen’s can have a epic left when it’s big and the right direction. Carry on.
View attachment 129293
Love the big left that Queen's can produce or even Cunha's into Queens (1st Break) and then, into "baby queens" and then stepping off your board onto the beach to go grab lunch after 3 hours of surfing ~ ;) :shaka:

Last edited:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Got sick Sunday morning and was rekt all week. Missed it all.
Stopped looking at the cams Tuesday morning.
Tested negative for covid, but floored.
Finally feel better today and it's flat. Chee hu.

• Sad
Reactions: Aruka and teeroi

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Got sick Sunday morning and was rekt all week. Missed it all.
Stopped looking at the cams Tuesday morning.
Tested negative for covid, but floored.
Finally feel better today and it's flat. Chee hu.
Thought I had Covid as well a few weeks back. Heavy chest , coughing, some body aches.
Home tested, negative. Dr. gave me the 5 day Azithromycin, 2 the first day and one tablet for 4 days. It seemed to kick the cold / flu that I had. Stocked! :shaka:

Reactions: Hump and teeroi

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah that's what I had. Thought for sure it was covid, but I took two tests during the week and both negative.
Felt so shitty. Took meds and it slowly got better. Worst cold I've had in a while.
I also somehow cracked a tooth on Sunday or Monday and was really fcked up.
Also my kid got sick on Sunday with me, he recovered faster, but being sick with a 1 year old sucks.
I didn't even think about surfing.

So sick to see Larry Boy getting barreled.
Looks like another solid swell coming mid month possibly. I'll be all over it.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Yeah that's what I had. Thought for sure it was covid, but I took two tests during the week and both negative.
Felt so shitty. Took meds and it slowly got better. Worst cold I've had in a while.
I also somehow cracked a tooth on Sunday or Monday and was really fcked up.
Also my kid got sick on Sunday with me, he recovered faster, but being sick with a 1 year old sucks.
I didn't even think about surfing.

So sick to see Larry Boy getting barreled.
Looks like another solid swell coming mid month possibly. I'll be all over it.
The South swell arrived here along with storm conditions and 3-4 inches of rain. My knee has been bothering me so it was sort of a blessing but still kinda sucky.

Reactions: teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
The crew at my regular have a text chain going. We text videos we pull off Surfline, drone clips we get emailed and pics from photogs like Neal and others. Along with crap talking and “ coaching tips” we also compare who got the better waves. By Friday the swell was still head high plus but on the way down I didn’t even bother to check for any of my rides off Surfline. Gregg texted a barrel dodge by Dddean and a clip of him and another friend Kirk getting tubes. After lunch I got an email from one of the drone guys Christian saying his friend Patrick took this pic of me on Wednesday from Magic Island. I texted it to the group and did a rare post on IG. I should’ve captioned the pic to our group text “CHECKMATE” hahahaDF0BA873-6A97-496F-82CE-83CCC65217CD.jpeg

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
5/3 was Tuesday, my understanding is it didn't get big till late Monday. I blew Monday off and went north Tuesday and Wednesday then south on Thursday. Wednesday I was solo the whole session and Thursday mostly solo.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Curious, does the westside get a crazy combo swell in places? Peaky etc.
On a map Lahaina faces west but swell wise it's like we face south west. Kaanapali Point is where North & South swells meet. I've seen some weird waves there during combo swells. In Lahaina they show as predominantly Souths with the occasional wide sweeping wave that's probably a North.

Reactions: wedge2 and teeroi