Sonoma Coast?

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
marin county closed all county state and federal beaches a couple weekends ago. Contributing to the soco fuktardery as people just drove further north looking for an escape

Dillon beach was cleared by the Marin county sheriff the same weekend.The town isn’t an hoa, oceana is. Goebel currently owns the “resort”- store cabins beach parking. All that is shut down.
The order I saw (via picture) was issued by the "Dillon Beach Neighborhood Association." Oceana Marin isn't open to the public even when no crisis exists, and I would have expected Lawson's and the beach parking lot to have been shut down by the owners.

The North Coast has a LOT of room to spread out. If the county employee went where I think he did, nobody lives within coughing distance and it would not have been difficult to stay 6 feet from any other beachgoer. Of course, that doesn't help Dillon and Salmon from getting overrun.

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
Or at the very least, wholly inconsistent. Multiple packs of surfers out at Torrey Pines today from Tower 1 to Tower 7. Lifeguard parked / driving the beach while people walked everywhere. Didn’t look like anyone was getting ticketed..??..
state beaches are open. Just not the parking. Torrey, Cardiff, ponto are open

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
I missed all the action the first saturday when Stinson/Bolinas and Point Reyes were overflowing with people. It was kind of scary driving by on the following Sunday. People were legit pissed off and scared. I see it as a micro sample of what might happen everywhere if this continues. Except, people won't be as nice as they are in Bolinas.