Sonoma Coast?

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Anyone been out lately? I feel like the situation is changing day to day. Are the rangers giving out tickets?

don't even think about. locked down and windy as fuk for the foreseeable or until you die... whichever happens second

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
As bad as the optics are of this, and it’s face value, most Sonoma beaches are pretty socially distant; especially this time of year.
Went for a paddle today. Quite a few people beaching at my local today. If there’s no issue with jogging, hiking, going for walks as is “allowed” by our Dear Leader Lord Newsome then what’s the big beef with going to the beach.

My work is “essential” so after work (where I interacted and was “exposed” to a hundred or so people of “the public”) I went to the beach and paddled for an hour where I never got within 20 feet of another person. Why is my work “ok” but the paddle not?

This whole thing is absurd.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Are you all aware that golf is on the “approved” list of recreational activities? It is.

Golf. You can golf.

Go surfing, by yourself, get a ticket.

Golf and get paired up with strangers, retrieve a ball out of a hole that dozens of others have shoved their hand into....that’s cool.

But don’t surf. That almost as bad as murder.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: the janitor

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Currently in SoCo, there’s 30 miles of cones and caution tape cordoning off every parking lot, bluff top and turnout on the ocean side of CA-1 with CHP and State Parks enforcing the GTFO.

I kid you not.

Why? Because of back to back weekends where every donkey within a hundred miles decided the Sonoma Coast would be a good place to chill from the shelter stress. Literally looked like the 4th of July. Supervisors freaked and brought the hammer down.

I think the lockdown is bs as much as anybody. But really... keep your recreating local. Exporting yourself is disrespectful and only serves to fuk someone else’s reality.

nolibos

OTF status
Oct 24, 2019
Central California
I wasn't trying to make a political statement. Just checking how the situation has changed since surfing Salmon Creek on Sunday. It seemed to be escalating.
Wind hasn't been bad for dawn patrol sessions.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
I wasn't trying to make a political statement. Just checking how the situation has changed since surfing Salmon Creek on Sunday. It seemed to be escalating.
Wind hasn't been bad for dawn patrol sessions.
If you lived there you wouldn’t need to ask, would you? Blow in blow out

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The SoCo supes are capable of quick action when they want, huh? On the JRT, not so much. It had to become international news before they did anything. I can't believe 2/3 dingbats got re-elected when there were alternatives. WELP. Gynokratia. No wonder families keep leaving.

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
It's legit fear the walking dead mode. Large elderly retirement population at risk. Last weekend Bolinas setup a road block and starting scaring people away. The lady at point reyes sation gas stop said it was super crazy with people waiting in line being dicks. I think Dillon beach also gave the extreme stink eye treatment and scared everyone away. I'm not sure you'll get a ticket, but I would watch out for flying falafel burritos and depends undergarments. I think it's best to stay home. The surf isn't that great to risk someones health over it.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
This whole thing is absurd.
Or at the very least, wholly inconsistent. Multiple packs of surfers out at Torrey Pines today from Tower 1 to Tower 7. Lifeguard parked / driving the beach while people walked everywhere. Didn’t look like anyone was getting ticketed..??..

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Or at the very least, wholly inconsistent. Multiple packs of surfers out at Torrey Pines today from Tower 1 to Tower 7. Lifeguard parked / driving the beach while people walked everywhere. Didn’t look like anyone was getting ticketed..??..
Someone posted in another thread about this subject that people should stay away because some lifeguards got COVID.

Why do we even need lifeguards?

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
It's legit fear the walking dead mode. Large elderly retirement population at risk. Last weekend Bolinas setup a road block and starting scaring people away. The lady at point reyes sation gas stop said it was super crazy with people waiting in line being dicks. I think Dillon beach also gave the extreme stink eye treatment and scared everyone away. I'm not sure you'll get a ticket, but I would watch out for flying falafel burritos and depends undergarments. I think it's best to stay home. The surf isn't that great to risk someones health over it.
Dillon Beach put up closure orders "issued" by one of the Dillon Beach HOAs and purportedly "authorized" by the Marin HHS. I tried but failed to find confirmation of any such order or authorization on the Marin HHS website.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Dillon Beach put up closure orders "issued" by one of the Dillon Beach HOAs and purportedly "authorized" by the Marin HHS. I tried but failed to find confirmation of any such order or authorization on the Marin HHS website.
marin county closed all county state and federal beaches a couple weekends ago. Contributing to the soco fuktardery as people just drove further north looking for an escape

Dillon beach was cleared by the Marin county sheriff the same weekend.The town isn’t an hoa, oceana is. Goebel currently owns the “resort”- store cabins beach parking. All that is shut down.