Something to take your minds off politics (pet related)

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Rescued these two 6 months ago off Rincon Mountain, we think mom was chowed by a coyote, we were worried they would be a little on the Feral side. Not so, they love people and especially my Aussie Cojo. They had to be bottle fed for a few weeks they were so small, they turned out to be some real handsome cats.
Perko, left, Finn and Piper, back.

IMG_0319.jpg

Last edited:

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Real good lookin' clan you got there Steve
Thanks.
Originally, when my wife and I went to see them (there were 6) I didn't want another cat, but I immediately picked the one on the left, you don't just go to look at kittens. 3 weeks later my wife went to our friends to pick him up and she came home with the guy on the right too (didn't want to split them up) Glad she did.

Reactions: tenover

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
My problem with cats is that they scratch things up, ruin couches, etc.

Love them otherwise. Fascinating little creatures.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Not a big cat lover, but then again, I don't just ride shortboards. Those are some beautiful felines. We were lucky enough to raise a beautiful Calico named Elvis. She turned out to be the best cat I've ever known. Congrats on the rescue. I'm sure they'll bring you many years of pain and suffering, I mean happy times. :drowning:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
what a great score!

we had one brought in to my sisinlaw's school in a shoebox with
the umbilical still attached....bottle fed her for weeks.

I miss having cats

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I was never a cat person per se (love all animals) but an ex GF moved out and she couldnt take her,then brand new kitten with her. I got stuck with it. Took a minute to get used to especially because this cat is super vocal but now Im all about the cats as pets. This little guy is the friendliest, sweetest, entertaining cat Ive come across. Hes kind of feral too which is super entertaining. As far as the mess - the litter is a non issue. Stuff doesnt smell anymore and he doesnt track it all over the house. Him jumping all over th countertops and whatnot doesnt bother me - at the end of the day hes probably cleaner than I am as he dont leave the house.

Would i rather have a dog - sure but i dont think its right to have one in apartment.