Some unexpected fun

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
I replied to Akila's post that I've sent board builders to look at the glassing on his boards at the Surfstation to show them whats possible

I got this reply , great memory from the 80's

greggriffinsurfboards

I sent some builders here in Floridia to check the glassing on your boards as an example of what’s possible

nohopenodreamnofuture

@greggriffinsurfboardsGreg you’re funny but good call how about showing us the John Osborne air boards that you made with the slot bottom I need to see it posted
4hReply

greggriffinsurfboards

@nohopenodreamnofuture Only a few know ! Great times back then

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Jeff replied again 1 hour ago

nohopenodreamnofuture's profile picture
nohopenodreamnofuture
mentioned you in a comment: @greggriffinsurfboards Greg one of the best boards I have ever ridden kept busting The scoop over the whole finally had to put in a metal plate such a great board really can fly really is loose underneath with the air flowing through it and I mean it sucks air find John and give him another one or find me and send one to Bali great work mate you’re one of the best and most humble❤1h

Jeff was a great airbrusher in the early 80's , did some really complex ones for T&C around 1984
Became one of Eric's shapers mid - late 80's - his rough outs with his planer were as good as KKL cuts .

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
I guess no one caught that this is Jeff Alexander creator of the Gemini Twin tip talking about an air inducted step bottom board I made in the mid 80's :)

I didn't expect this reply to my compliment on Aikila's glassing

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Didn’t recognize his Insta handle, but still see a couple of his boards around SD from time to time. wonder if he is still shaping in Bali now?
Air board sounded like a fun idea. Did you make many of them and develop the ideas or more of a one-off?

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
John Osborne was a good friend at Sunset Point
He wanted something "Special" to take to OZ
He was one of the founders of the HUI and good freinds with all the Aussie pros
Ben Aipa started making his step bottoms at T&C so I made this - they didn't know what to think ;-)
Alot of pros in Oz rode it = lots of stories
As you can see Jeff wants another ride

Reactions: oeste858

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
We need some pics of this mythical "air board".

Will Noa Deane line up to get one.....