Solar Panel Fires

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
grapedrink said:
No microwave? What are you a fvckin' commie?
:roflmao: I don't do microwaves, flouride in water, immunizations, my walls are lined with tin foil, and I can see Santa Cruz from Morro Bay because the earth is flat BRO!!!

In all seriousness the last place I lived had a microwave. I mostly used it to warm up plates. Now I set the plate on the burner when I'm done for a few seconds. Especially crucial for eggs :cookin: :computer:
Never had a microwave. :shrug:

Our house is the same size as yours but our bill is alot more than yours. Jacuzzi, heater, teen showers/baths (! :foreheadslap:), etc....

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Our house is the same size as yours but our bill is alot more than yours. Jacuzzi, heater, teen showers/baths (! foreheadslap), etc....
You have electric heat and hot water heater? Ouch :toilet: Just fired up the wall heater for the first time this winter.

And what's this about you having a jacuzzi :cussing: You're telling me now? :cussing: I'll be right over :computer:

:roflmao:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
GDaddy said:
Yes, but you can see how people who have a lot of usage and who might believe that the inflation rate for grid energy is going to vastly outpace the rate of consumer inflation would be using a different equation to pencil out their feasibility.

We've had solar installs for pools and hot water heaters in this region for 40 years, so there is a demonstrated history for what happens to rooftop solar systems that don't get repaired or maintained and there is a demonstrated history for what the resale value is the older solar systems, both in operating and non-operating condition. I'm sure the newer PV systems will establish their own value patterns but the consumer behaviors with respect to repairs and maintenance and replacements may be similar to how people have historically behaved with home repairs.
If you depended on a water well for your water (we do) you'd have to maintain that too. Those are my main two jobs. Making sure there's water and power. First thing in the morning and last thing at night. Spare parts enough to patch up anything anytime. We are the exception as we don't have any other backup other than what I can come up with.

Hey rice - you don't make microwave popcorn for your kids when they watch tv? You're a fvckin' commie too. :rock:

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
ElOgro said:
Hey rice - you don't make microwave popcorn for your kids when they watch tv? You're a fvckin' commie too. :rock:

Stove, pot, butter, popcorn, salt. All the time. :facelick:

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
grapedrink said:
Our house is the same size as yours but our bill is alot more than yours. Jacuzzi, heater, teen showers/baths (! foreheadslap), etc....
You have electric heat and hot water heater?
Yeah. No gas to our house. Hardly ever need the heater.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
rice said:
ElOgro said:

Stove, pot, butter, popcorn, salt. All the time. :facelick:
When the kids were little we had a 12v tv that got one fuzzy station from Lazaro. The one with the telenovelas. My wife used to make popcorn on a campfire.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
rice said:
grapedrink said:
It's been pretty cold the last few nights, usually fire it up around 8 or so. I'll bundle up first- when I contemplate putting gloves on inside the house is when I finally break down and turn it on :roflmao:

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
ElOgro said:
When the kids were little we had a 12v tv that got one fuzzy station from Lazaro. The one with the telenovelas. My wife used to make popcorn on a campfire.
We have Netflix and blu ray.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
grapedrink said:
rice said:
grapedrink said:
It's been pretty cold the last few nights, usually fire it up around 8 or so. I'll bundle up first- when I contemplate putting gloves on inside the house is when I finally break down and turn it on :roflmao:
We have used it the past few mornings. Brr. I rode my bike to work this morning at 6. Was 40 in MB and 37 in SLO.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
rice said:
grapedrink said:
No microwave? What are you a fvckin' commie?
:roflmao: I don't do microwaves, flouride in water, immunizations, my walls are lined with tin foil, and I can see Santa Cruz from Morro Bay because the earth is flat BRO!!!

In all seriousness the last place I lived had a microwave. I mostly used it to warm up plates. Now I set the plate on the burner when I'm done for a few seconds. Especially crucial for eggs :cookin: :computer:
Never had a microwave. :shrug:

Our house is the same size as yours but our bill is alot more than yours. Jacuzzi, heater, teen showers/baths (! :foreheadslap:), etc....
Of course you don't have a microwave

You really do think you're better than us, don't you?

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Autoprax said:
Trader Joe microwaveable rice is killer with butter and salt.
You know what are really killer? Those Indian food micro dishes from Trader Joe's. I JUST had one. :facelick:

We have a microwave at work. :shrug:

MJOJunkie

Michael Peterson status
Jan 4, 2015
Socal Bight
rice said:
Autoprax said:
Trader Joe microwaveable rice is killer with butter and salt.
You know what are really killer? Those Indian food micro dishes from Trader Joe's. I JUST had one. :facelick:

We have a microwave at work. :shrug:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Right there shows why rice is rice. How can you not love rice (the poster) :hat: