So which one of you was the troll that slater called out?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Rincon is a far cry from 10' Chopes. Drop those 100 into the crystal clear water above heaving Chopes slabs and the water would soon be turning a chocolatey brown around a lot of them I reckon.
Just sayin.
Are you calling the wave she posted “10 foot chopes”?

Drop the young lady in question into those same slabs and I’d be happy to revise my assessment if applicable.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Are you calling the wave she posted “10 foot chopes”?

Drop the young lady in question into those same slabs and I’d be happy to revise my assessment if applicable.
I didn't look at the waves she posted. Must have seen 10' Chopes somewhere along the line in the ensuing to-ing and fro-ing.
Forgive me as I'm not taking any of this at all seriously! Couldn't give a damn about who surfs better than who male or female!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I didn't look at the waves she posted. Must have seen 10' Chopes somewhere along the line in the ensuing to-ing and fro-ing.
Forgive me as I'm not taking any of this at all seriously! Couldn't give a damn about who surfs better than who male or female!
FWIW, I don’t give a sh!t who surfs better than who. I’m commenting on the writer of the Stab article who claims there no more than 100-150 men in the world who surf better than this lady.

http://instagr.am/p/B8uhAicgcTO/

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I wonder if I could surf that wave....I'd like to think I could figure it out

I like the yoga pants in the lineup thing

really, I like yoga pants pretty much everywhere

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I wonder if I could surf that wave....I'd like to think I could figure it out

I like the yoga pants in the lineup thing

really, I like yoga pants pretty much everywhere
Someone re-posted that on twitter. My comment was, "it would have been a good first time wave IF, she had completed the ride by riding it out and over the wave, instead of doing the "girlie" azz bail out. ( and I'm sticking to my comment)

Reactions: keenfish

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
FWIW, I don’t give a sh!t who surfs better than who. I’m commenting on the writer of the Stab article who claims there no more than 100-150 men in the world who surf better than this lady.

http://instagr.am/p/B8uhAicgcTO/
In conditions that size and that perfect and glassy there is no shortage of people who could match that ride. That's not heavy as Chopes goes. Step it up a notch in size and it becomes a whole different ballgame. Probably less that a foot more in swell size or a slight difference in swell direction and that easy takeoff is no longer an option. That's probably about as playful as the place gets.

Reactions: surfysurfy1476

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
New Jersey has scads of female pros but not one that shows up at the peak
on a shortboard.

Just once i would like to see a woman show up and bang rails with the regulars and actually prevail.

Not yet at least and LOOKINGOODE in a bikini doesn't qualify them.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
New Jersey has scads of female pros but not one that shows up at the peak
on a shortboard.

Just once i would like to see a woman show up and bang rails with the regulars and actually prevail.

Not yet at least and LOOKINGOODE in a bikini doesn't qualify them.
Only really two and one of them is a mom now and really doesn't live here anymore. The other can hold her own.