So which one of you was the troll that slater called out?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The writer is delusional...

Now, let's do some quick math. How many people in the world do you think surf better than Caroline Marks, the number-two female surfer in the world?

My guess—and at risk of sounding misogynistic myself—is somewhere between 100-150. At a long right point, we're talking sub-100.
Theres 100 guys in the water at rincon on any given swell that surf better than her.

She rips, but please...

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Little chill on my spine as I read this... I did take a tiny jab at women surfing chopes on that thread. lol. Never implying that I could do any better, of course. I might be better than the girls at getting fatigued extremely fast.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Brukuns took a shot there too lol

Oh I see admits it here too. Also, he doesn’t like us

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Theres 100 guys in the water at rincon on any given swell that surf better than her.
She rips, but please...
You're definitely overestimating the quality of surfing going on at any given break, I would say most guys on the QS surf better than her, your average local "pro" as well. Her style is a bit crook but there's no denying she rips very hard for a tiny human. Rincon is full of below average to average surfers, there might be 200 heads out on a decent swell. There's no chance that half in the water surf as well as her.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You're definitely overestimating the quality of surfing going on at any given break, I would say most guys on the QS surf better than her, your average local "pro" as well. Her style is a bit crook but there's no denying she rips very hard for a tiny human. Rincon is full of below average to average surfers, there might be 200 heads out on a decent swell. There's no chance that half in the water surf as well as her.
You’re definitely overestimating the seriousness of my post. But the point remains that the assertion that there are only about 150 men in the world that surf better than her is patently absurd.

Here’s a serious statement....

...I’m fairly certain that we could scrounge up 100 dudes in ventura/santa barbara that surf better than her.

Not everyone who rips makes “edits” and posts them on IG. In fact the vast majority don’t.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don't get it.

The reason you troll the girl is because she surf better than you.

Is this a point of confusion for someone?

You bait with incongruity.

It's obviously very effective.

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia

She rips, but please...
Rincon is a far cry from 10' Chopes. Drop those 100 into the crystal clear water above heaving Chopes slabs and the water would soon be turning a chocolatey brown around a lot of them I reckon.
Just sayin.

• Haha
Reactions: brukuns and ANIMA