So, what happens next in America?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Probably not but hoping I don't have to turn on the news and see him daily. Who cares if he creates his own social network to blow smoke. He will have a tiny audience there.
He has already shown he is willing to encourage his followers to violence and they are so brainwashed they listen, why does he deserve a pass?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Probably not but hoping I don't have to turn on the news and see him daily. Who cares if he creates his own social network to blow smoke. He will have a tiny audience there.
Were you sleeping last week?

Fact check: More people died at the capitol than Benghazi, and we saw how far that sh!t got stretched out.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
The er'bb will be going away - that's for sure. or maybe not, we'll see.

I'm not sure how we get out of this mess - there's no quick fix the hyper-polarization that we're experiencing, and IMO violence and chaos are inevitable. I'm not sure if/how it will directly affect me and mine, but leadership must be sh!tting. How many Timmy McVeighs are there ready to be activated? How nutzo will this go?

Worst of all, the adult learners bought all the wetsuits, so no surfing for me till spring unless I get on a plane.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Politics: Ditch the 25th amendment and 2nd impeachment talk ASAP. Let Trump quietly go in 8 days (fingers crossed for quietly). Keep him out of the news! Going forward, try and govern from the middle where the greatest percentage exist. The left and right crazies will be marginalized.

Covid: get that vaccine out quickly. Let us get back to work and travel. Ifall is right. Without work and travel and "normal stuff" people have too much time to focus on all this other bullshit.

Agree to an extent
Though should the guy be held accountable for nothing in life, ever? Politics aside (i'm not a part of either mob) - it seems relatively certain that there are crimes over time along with fckus of office...should this just be ok forever?

Drumsurf

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 4, 2012
Beach
He has already shown he is willing to encourage his followers to violence and they are so brainwashed they listen, why does he deserve a pass?
I don't necessarily think he deserve a pass but in the interest of calming down everyone I'd be inclined to let it his responsibility for the events last week slide. Trump has enough trouble pending in NY State that I just don't think the Federal Government needs to spend the coming weeks/months on impeachment.

I think he's the biggest POS in history and I'd love to see him serve time and be made an example of. I just like our country more and want it to move forward.

Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I don't necessarily think he deserve a pass but in the interest of calming down everyone I'd be inclined to let it his responsibility for the events last week slide. Trump has enough trouble pending in NY State that I just don't think the Federal Government needs to spend the coming weeks/months on impeachment.

I think he's the biggest POS in history and I'd love to see him serve time and be made an example of. I just like our country more and want it to move forward.
fair enough, a reasonable disagreement :)

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

Or.....

You prosecute him, and if you prevail, you neutralize his ability to run again, therefore making it FAR MORE reasonable to believe that he won't create as much chatter as he did when in power, and sideline him as a discredited despot rather than a legitimate former leader. People aren't searching the internet for Nixon quotes to make themselves sound super woke and learned for a reason.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Who cares if he creates his own social network to blow smoke. He will have a tiny audience there.
dude only got 75 million votes to bidens 81 mil. yeah tiny, nothing to worry about.

biden, dems, news, social media spin will all have you feeling warm and fuzzy inside in no time

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Agree to an extent
Though should the guy be held accountable for nothing in life, ever? Politics aside (i'm not a part of either mob) - it seems relatively certain that there are crimes over time along with fckus of office...should this just be ok forever?
Not OK. If he committed crimes, prove it in a court of law and lock him up. If you can't prove it in a court of law (like they couldn't prove election fraud in a court of law), then let him fuk off and go play golf.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Not OK. If he committed crimes, prove it in a court of law and lock him up. If you can't prove it in a court of law (like they couldn't prove election fraud in a court of law), then let him fuk off and go play golf.

I agree - it does need to be proved in a court of law -

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
I agree - it does need to be proved in a court of law -
not according to the dems in power. they are scared shitless of a resurgent trump with millions of supporters.

they need that possibility off the table and then get on with their marginalization of the unwashed masses.

the optics are pretty stark when you compare those inside government with those on the outs

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
not according to the dems in power. they are scared shitless of a resurgent trump with millions of supporters.

they need that possibility off the table and then get on with their marginalization of the unwashed masses.

the optics are pretty stark when you compare those inside government with those on the outs
Simply not true, impeachment is not a legal process,

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina