So is every gang banger/crazy guy shootout going to blasted wall to wall on all news media now?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Try again with the full context: "or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peacable citezens, from keeping their own arms."
Yes, the non-peaceable citizens don't get to keep their own arms. Refer to background checks and preventing those of ill intent to get weapons. Or if that's too late, stop/frisk/10 in the pen.

Or are you trying to tell me, via comma placement, that all people of the United States are all peaceable citizens? If that was the case, why would anyone need to be armed? :trout:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
“False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that it has no remedy for evils, except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are of such a nature. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
Cesare Beccaria 1764

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
When people are released from prison, fook the $200. Should they be given a Saturday Night Special or an AR-15?
Both, you need a sidearm when the long arm runs out of ammo

They should be able to vote too

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Yes, the non-peaceable citizens don't get to keep their own arms. Refer to background checks and preventing those of ill intent to get weapons. Or if that's too late, stop/frisk/10 in the pen.

Or are you trying to tell me, via comma placement, that all people of the United States are all peaceable citizens? If that was the case, why would anyone need to be armed? :trout:
Yes, he is refering to the people as a whole. In the era when that was written criminals who were a genuine danger to society were locked up or executed. We've strayed from that. We need to go back to putting away and executing dangerous criminals.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yes, he is refering to the people as a whole. In the era when that was written criminals who were a genuine danger to society were locked up or executed. We've strayed from that. We need to go back to putting away and executing dangerous criminals.
Excellent.

It's great to see that whipping and raping slaves/indentured servants, scalping/genociding Indians, and so much more good fun all account for peaceable activities from a Christian ideal standpoint.

Why is Australia much more peaceful than the US, despite their criminal origins and baby-eating dingoes? And they have gun control too!

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
There are areas in the County I live in where the nearest deputy might by an hour away. As in, one deputy, not the 4 or 5 it would take to mount an effective response. There are a LOT of areas in this county where that response can be 20 minutes or more away, even if the call involves people getting shot right in the dispatcher's ear. Same with every county around me except perhaps for Orange County.

But fck those residents, 'cause they have no right to defend themselves or their property. Their lives don't matter.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Excellent.

It's great to see that whipping and raping slaves/indentured servants, scalping/genociding Indians, and so much more good fun all account for peaceable activities from a Christian ideal standpoint.

Why is Australia much more peaceful than the US, despite their criminal origins and baby-eating dingoes? And they have gun control too!
Australia lost any advantage they had when they went full totalitarian

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
That would be a big yes, sir
i didnt realize anyone other than gun nuts thought there should be no background checks, or I didn’t realize you’re a gun nut because of something you said about not keeping them near you because of kids or something like that

Who benefits by allowing people without background checks to legally purchase guns?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
i didnt realize anyone other than gun nuts thought there should be no background checks, or I didn’t realize you’re a gun nut because of something you said about not keeping them near you because of kids or something like that

Who benefits by allowing people without background checks to legally purchase guns?
The firearm industry. Just a coincidence that Russia flooded the NRA and Red board party with money? Russia always has our best interests at heart right?

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Did they also make you eat vegemite? :cry:
I put Vegemite on my bagel yesterday morning to accompany the granola, yogurt, banana, and cup of coffee.

I blame growing up with an Aussie for father for the Vegemite, growing up in Oregon for the granola/yogurt/banana, and being married to a woman who loves her morning coffee.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus and Kento

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I put Vegemite on my bagel yesterday morning to accompany the granola, yogurt, banana, and cup of coffee.

I blame growing up with an Aussie for father for the Vegemite, growing up in Oregon for the granola/yogurt/banana, and being married to a woman who loves her morning coffee.
An acquired taste that Vegemite.

Reactions: Mr Doof