So is every gang banger/crazy guy shootout going to blasted wall to wall on all news media now?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The Second Amendment is about overthrowing the Government. You have as much constitutional right to protect yourself from armed robbers as you have a right to free health care and teslas.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yes, hence the scorched earth comment. You could also do a better job of policing your own, like we expect Muslims to do.

Actually, given psych evaluations, gun purchases straight up can be an excellent gate-keeper for who has a criminal mind and intent to get a weapon. I can keep going but it feels skin-crawlingly insiduous as there are so many ways to corrupt that system, secret-police sh!t.
I can’t pass a psych evaluation.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
You only mentioned protecting yourself from wild animals in your post. You conveniently left out protecting yourself from your fellow man. Call me crazy but I think that omission was on purpose. The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting or protecting yourself from bears and mountain lions. Its your birth rite to protect you from evil humans who would harm you and your family.
I said eaten by large mammals (humans are mammals). Donner Party notwithstanding, it was obvious I was talking about protection in general. And in the frontier, you were at much larger risk of getting killed by a bear or mountain lion than you were going to get your cabin 2 miles from the nearest neighbor robbed. I will allow the argument of wars against Indians but we kind of mismade that bed in the old Christian lebensraum ideal, didn't we?

What if I told you that it's those who deem owning instruments of murder as their birthright who are the actual evil humans?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
What if I told you that it's those who deem owning instruments of murder as their birthright who are the actual evil humans?
I would remind you of the words of Thomas Paine. I'll paraphrase: "Arms discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world. Horrid mischief would ensue were one half of the world deprived the use of them."

Take a look at the sh!t going on in our cities because the law abiding are deprived of their right to bear a concealled weapon to protect themselves from criminals. Criminals by defenition don't give a sh!t if they break a law about carrying a gun or a knife.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The Second Amendment is about overthrowing the Government. You have as much constitutional right to protect yourself from armed robbers as you have a right to free health care and teslas.
Something something well-regulated. And yet the better that "militia" is regulated, the more the ladies doth protest.

Hey, if inflation is too tough, can always sell the guns! If you're not buying a house because of too much avocado toast, guns/ammo will slow you down even more.

And that's not even getting into the mental health ramifications from too much lead exposure/handling. Potential pattern at work - witness GromsDad's symptoms of constipation and forgetfulness. :monkey:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I would remind you of the words of Thomas Paine. I'll paraphrase: "Arms discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world. Horrid mischief would ensue were one half of the world deprived the use of them."

Take a look at the sh!t going on in our cities because the law abiding are deprived of their right to bear a concealled weapon to protect themselves from criminals. Criminals by defenition don't give a sh!t if they break a law about carrying a gun or a knife.
Thomas Paine is full of sh!t. The invaders and plunderers are the ones with the arms, aren't they?

And does this mean you are no longer against the US arming the Ukraine against a better-armed invader/plunderer in order to preserve order in the world?

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
I have to wonder how many people avoid seeking mental health help or treatment because doing so would prevent them from continuing their gun “hobby”.

:shrug:

Reactions: Kento

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Something something well-regulated. And yet the better that "militia" is regulated, the more the ladies doth protest.

Hey, if inflation is too tough, can always sell the guns! If you're not buying a house because of too much avocado toast, guns/ammo will slow you down even more.

And that's not even getting into the mental health ramifications from too much lead exposure/handling. Potential pattern at work - witness GromsDad's symptoms of constipation and forgetfulness. :monkey:
Us from-NJ erBBer are all in the same boat - years of fishing tackle put in mouth while tying knots.

Must.
Launch.
Kastmaster.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Thomas Paine is full of sh!t. The invaders and plunderers are the ones with the arms, aren't they?

And does this mean you are no longer against the US arming the Ukraine against a better-armed invader/plunderer in order to preserve order in the world?
Defund the World Police!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
"The Constitution shall be never construed to authorize congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience, or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peacable citezens, from keeping their own arms."
Samuel Adams

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
"The Constitution shall be never construed to authorize congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience, or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peacable citezens, from keeping their own arms."
Samuel Adams
Catch that peaceable citizens part?

• Love
Reactions: afoaf

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Samuel Adams refused to attend the Constitutional Convention because he was against the Constitution.
He must have been passed-out drunk when it went down.

Really wasted. I mean, even Grant eventually sobered up enough to accept Lee's surrender.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
There's a main reason beyond hunting and protecting yourself?

Which is it:

A) Trying to be badass when you're not
B) Masturbation tools (threw this in for autoprax)
C) Anger Mismanagement Training
D) Knife was too hard to spell or pronounce
E) To make light bulb changing even harder for the Polish
F) More efficient murder?

• Haha
Reactions: Kento