So is every gang banger/crazy guy shootout going to blasted wall to wall on all news media now?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
it's almost like the cognitive dissonance is starting to fracture his mind so he just starts spouting slogans to reinforce these blocks he's created internally so he can continue to hold all these inconsistent positions without any actual consideration

Reactions: mundus and bvendley

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
madlibs are really fun

my kids used to love doing those

"can you pick a word other than fart and farting, please?!"

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Explain for me exactly how you prevent people with criminal minds from acquiring weapons.
Background checks and psychiatric evaluations.

If they have PTSD, for instance, they shouldn't be owning a gun.

Or you could go scorched earth and make a mandatory minimum of 10 years in prison for improper buy/sell/manufacture of any gun. Get the criminals off the streets that way. Although this would be just pissing into the wind like the war on drugs was and the cops are already pretty good at planting guns to short-circuit justice system already...

While we are having fun with this, place microchips in each gun to help fight crime. :beer:

Reactions: manbearpig

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
it's almost like the cognitive dissonance is starting to fracture his mind so he just starts spouting slogans to reinforce these blocks he's created internally so he can continue to hold all these inconsistent positions without any actual consideration
As I understand the mind, and I could be wrong, it's the subconscious mind trying to avoid cognitive dissonance that is causing the fracture.

The farther one gets from reality the harder the systems (the nervous system and the sub conscious and conscious mind) have to work to avoid the very unpleasant sensation of feeling dumb (cognitive dissonance).

That excessive resource cost further compromises cognition.

It's fucking mess. :dancing:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Background checks and psychiatric evaluations.

If they have PTSD, for instance, they shouldn't be owning a gun.

Or you could go scorched earth and make a mandatory minimum of 10 years in prison for improper buy/sell/manufacture of any gun. Get the criminals off the streets that way. Although this would be just pissing into the wind like the war on drugs was and the cops are already pretty good at planting guns to short-circuit justice system already...

While we are having fun with this, place microchips in each gun to help fight crime. :beer:
Nothing you've said prevents someone with a criminal mind and intent from getting a weapon.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Nothing you've said prevents someone with a criminal mind and intent from getting a weapon.
Yes, hence the scorched earth comment. You could also do a better job of policing your own, like we expect Muslims to do.

Actually, given psych evaluations, gun purchases straight up can be an excellent gate-keeper for who has a criminal mind and intent to get a weapon. I can keep going but it feels skin-crawlingly insiduous as there are so many ways to corrupt that system, secret-police sh!t.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
As I understand the mind, and I could be wrong, it's the subconscious mind trying to avoid cognitive dissonance that is causing the fracture.

The farther one gets from reality the harder the systems (the nervous system and the sub conscious and conscious mind) have to work to avoid the very unpleasant sensation of feeling dumb (cognitive dissonance).

That excessive resource cost further compromises cognition.

It's fucking mess. :dancing:
it's almost like daily affirmations

every morning he's here spouting this insane stuff loud and proud, commonly contradicting himself from one news cycle to the next, where the only point of consistency is unwavering bias favoring the GOP

that's it, that's the entire overarching cognitive framework...a single binary question

one of the most powerful biological logic systems in the known vastness of space, the human brain, but you open his up and his is a rube goldberg machine with only one step!

• Haha
Reactions: bvendley and mundus

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
it's almost like daily affirmations

every morning he's here spouting this insane stuff loud and proud, commonly contradicting himself from one news cycle to the next, where the only point of consistency is unwavering bias favoring the GOP

that's it, that's the entire overarching cognitive framework...a single binary question

one of the most powerful biological logic systems in the known vastness of space, the human brain, but you open his up and his is a rube goldberg machine with only one step!
I posted this elsewhere but it's relevant.

And a little depressing.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Yes, hence the scorched earth comment. You could also do a better job of policing your own, like we expect Muslims to do.

Actually, given psych evaluations, gun purchases straight up can be an excellent gate-keeper for who has a criminal mind and intent to get a weapon. I can keep going but it feels skin-crawlingly insiduous as there are so many ways to corrupt that system, secret-police sh!t.
By the way, at the time of the writing of the Constitution and 2A every gun was what today's lefties would call a "Ghost Gun".

• Haha

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
By the way, at the time of the writing of the Constitution and 2A every gun was what today's lefties would call a "Ghost Gun".
And black people were only 3/5 of a person. People also owned guns then mostly to hunt and prevent getting eaten by large mammals, not to parade as an accessory like it was made by Prada.

Times change.

Although I admit it would have been fun to watch Pence and Mnuchin get into a duel.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
ripped whole cloth from some stupid a.m. radio rant...and equally irrelevant and stupid. the term "ghost gun" is not a partisan term, but, of course, everything is partisan in your gourd.

never change, bud!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
And black people were only 3/5 of a person. People also owned guns then mostly to hunt and prevent getting eaten by large mammals, not to parade as an accessory like it was made by Prada.

Times change.

Although I admit it would have been fun to watch Pence and Mnuchin get into a duel.
Strangely you left out the main reason people have armed themselves with weapons since the beginning of time.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Strangely you left out the main reason people have armed themselves with weapons since the beginning of time.
There's a main reason beyond hunting and protecting yourself?

Which is it:

A) Trying to be badass when you're not
B) Masturbation tools (threw this in for autoprax)
C) Anger Mismanagement Training
D) Knife was too hard to spell or pronounce
E) To make light bulb changing even harder for the Polish
F) More efficient murder?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yeah, do that for free speech too!
Pen mightier than the sword?

If they can 5150 cracked-out street corner ranters, well... there's twitter right over there.

Can we do religion next? Imagine how different America could have been if they had burned priests instead of "witches" in Salem. :waving:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
You only mentioned protecting yourself from wild animals in your post. You conveniently left out protecting yourself from your fellow man. Call me crazy but I think that omission was on purpose. The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting or protecting yourself from bears and mountain lions. Its your birth rite to protect you from evil humans who would harm you and your family.

• Haha

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Which is it:

A) Trying to be badass when you're not
B) Masturbation tools (threw this in for autoprax)
C) Anger Mismanagement Training
D) Knife was too hard to spell or pronounce
E) To make light bulb changing even harder for the Polish
F) More efficient murder?
F

• Love
Reactions: Kento