So, I bought a Thai board...

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
That thing looks great. The tail does look spot on.

Can't wait for you to get that hip squash Fling Racer. I reckon you'll be stocked. The Super custom ordering process is great based on my one experience.

surfride1977

OTF status
Nov 20, 2005
COVID board arrived today! My new SuperFlex Fling. So looking forward to getting it in the water. It's got some pretty aggressive lines compared to my other grovel boards (Bottom Feeder and LazyToy). The single to double is deeper than I was expecting and the hard edge on the tail starts more than a fin length above the upper fin boxes. Mine is a boat for most of you, 5'10 at 36.6 liters, but I'm a big kid 190 lbs and surf in 5mm/hood.

One small niggle, it arrived with a little damage. A quick email to Jason and the Super crew with some photos and I had a refund in my Paypal in under an hour. Things can go wrong, it's all in how it's handle and they were on it.

I can't believe a board with a tail this wide works better as a thruster, but who am I to argue with all the experience in this thread?
For whatever it's worth, mine is a bit overvolumed as well - I'm 5'11, 190 and my 5'10 is 38 liters. I don't think it's a drawback at all, just gives it more flow in the smaller/weaker stuff. You're gonna love that board, I can't say enough good things about it!

Reactions: MrCrash

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Lightly buckled my Monsta Box HyFi, went to change the filthy wax and there it was. Was told by the ding guy it's quite common among Fireturds and all other GSI Thai sticks. Had another that held up for 1.5 years before selling it off, oh well maybe best to go custom on these EPS. No trust the slave labor anymore.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
That thing looks great. The tail does look spot on.

Can't wait for you to get that hip squash Fling Racer. I reckon you'll be stocked. The Super custom ordering process is great based on my one experience.

Still waiting for my invoice from Jason. Meaning I'll probably get it right in time for North Pacific swells LOL.