So, I bought a Thai board...

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Update on original post. Board is a year old and still holding up great. Same pressures I've had from the first month or so. No open dings. Superflex still feels lively and great.

I asked them if they'd do XTR or varial but they said no. Based on how this Superflex is holding up, I'll probably just buy another Superflex the next time Super does a sale. I think they did $100 off last Christmas?
ya maybe i’ll order 2 if they have sale, one in poop and one in superflecks

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Looks like they put real inventory on their site now:

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
The Real Watersports review from a couple years ago said all PU come standard glassed with S glass. Is this still the case?

Jan 18, 2014
My 4 year old fling in superflex is still going strong. Apart from a little yellowing you would never know it was that old. Will buy another when this one is buried.

Reactions: racer1
Jun 3, 2014
Also wondering about feedback on Supertech on the Fling. My other boards with Marko foam have held up great, would be stoked to get a Fling with it if the glassing's good.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Quad placement is different but you're right, the outline is very similar.

I can't remember where but I saw a comment recently that was very positive about the Mini.

Do you run quad or thruster in your fling? I've probably asked this before...

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Quad placement is different but you're right, the outline is very similar.

I can't remember where but I saw a comment recently that was very positive about the Mini.

Do you run quad or thruster in your fling? I've probably asked this before...
I changed the photos to actual photos of the boards, quads look similar now.

I only do Fling as a quad. Thruster felt okay, but quad feels so much faster.

Reactions: waxfoot and Aruka

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I also preferred my Fling as a quad over surfing it as a thruster, which seems counter so what some others have said about the board. It felt pretty average as a thruster, but as a quad it was just fantastic.

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Looks like the newer ones (the stock boards on super's site) have pretty different fin placements from the GSI/Superflex Fling. And then further complicating things, the supertech fling placement looks different than both. The superflex one goes very very well as a quad (AM Large fronts with mayhem/performer/whateverthey'recalledallthesametemplate).

Reactions: Aruka