Just pulled the trigger on a 5' 6...should be good for east coast mush

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i also got a shot of the identical -higher- air u did at jaws

Goingright

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 10, 2009
Racer1 said:
If I grab my twin fin it usually means that I'm in a cruisey mood and the waves are probably small or fat, so I usually go up in volume.
Thanks for the tip Racer. Went 3 L above for my small wave board and I’m having a blast on Chili Black vulture.
FYI, if you get a chance, try Toy X from Super. It’s an incredibly fun bord to Surf and insanely easy to surf.
For advanced Kook like me, I’m having a blast on this thing 🤣

cdes

Nep status
Oct 9, 2006
Oceanslide said:
They are very, very fun sticks. Probably shouldn�t have sold mine.
Controllers are perfect in it, btw.
Funny how Super, Hayden, and many others don�t bring out the intense
hate on all things Asian like FW.
Nope, you shouldn't have! I still ride that board and love it. Thrusters are even more fun than controllers!

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Update on my thai board. It's been 6 months since I got it. I ride it weekly, sometimes for weeks on end. Even in overhead waves up to double overhead. Still really, really enjoy it. It just works in everything. Running AM large fronts with performer medium quad rears. Holding up much better than I thought. No dings yet, only some light pressures. Will replace immediately if anything happens to it.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
heading north this weekend and gonna check out a 5'8" 33L fling in superflex they got on sale for $550 at a shop up there.

it's a usa made one which is nice because I can't handle the thai spice.

dims seem pretty good for me at 6'3" 180lbs and I've been wanting to try one of these for a minute.

only downside is fcs2 boxes but I think I have a 5 fin large AM set around somewhere's.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
ya getting a custom fling from aryse lil' sakal in the fall.

will take my current one down to him to base new one off of.

aruka u'll dig it. i liked mine as a thruster with the superbrand large fins. large am's thruster felt too stiff. mine is futurds so ymmv. one of the best gravel boars

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I think you'll like it Aruka. Yeah it's high on liters for you, but it's supposed to be. You'll still be able to turn it, easily actually.
I liked mine as a quad.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Rode my friends 5'5 swallowtail Fling in chest high Mexican point break waves and it kinda went off. Waves were hitting on the outside and then backing off and then starting to bowl as they got further inside the point and the Fling was blast. Ate the flatter sections for lunch and turned on when the wave stood up more. Think I'm going to take it off his hands. Looks like a handshaped superflex judging by the penciled in dimensions. A little larger than I'd like but I can't really argue with it. Had some Rasta quads in it but I'm anxious to try it as a tri.

Aug 11, 2015
I have a 5'4, 29 l. Fling. I am 160-165 pounds and for what it's worth, best fin setup I've found so far is 2 Large Roberts on the side and 1 CTG grom fin as a center. Still have some experimentation to do, though...