So, I bought a Thai board...

Goingright

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 10, 2009
Was thinking same thing. Relax vibe mode.

FYI, I got toy x in mail and it looks pretty amazing. It looks a lot more on performance side than the previous Toy model but maintains the user friendly characteristics.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
daave said:
@Racer1

What fins do you like in the fling?
Quad. AM Large fronts and Reactor Medium Rears (same size as AM Large rears, just bought them separately). The ones you just bought off classifieds. I tried it as a thruster but felt like it would track on bottom turns.

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Racer1 said:
daave said:
@Racer1

Quad. AM Large fronts and Reactor Medium Rears (same size as AM Large rears, just bought them separately). The ones you just bought off classifieds. I tried it as a thruster but felt like it would track on bottom turns.
with large ams thrusty it felt tracky. with the superbramd set it lit up

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Havoc4k said:
Racer1 said:
daave said:
@Racer1

with large ams thrusty it felt tracky. with the superbramd set it lit up
hmmm, maybe I need to try that thruster set then

Goingright

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 10, 2009
Havoc4k said:
goingright said:
New in the mail:). She so smooth

sick flyer!
Not again.. :roflmao:
I saw flyer about month ago in store. It had a larger tail block, lower entry rocker and more of a stubby 5'11.

Board above is entirely different. Its a fuller outline with more rail. 6 2, smaller tail block area. more rocker. 2 entirely different boards. They are on sale at superband store for only 514 Dollars. Check one out:)

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I love my Thai fling so much that I asked Shey at XTR if they could reach out to Super to see if they'd do one. I don't have my hopes up, but would love it in XTR.

Goingright

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 10, 2009
Why not try the super flex construction they have in their California Factory?

https://www.superbranded.com/collections/fling/products/superbrand-supertech-fling

https://www.superbranded.com/pages/supertech-by-superbrand

DroppingOnYou

Nep status
Feb 16, 2016
Racer1 said:
I'm 6'1 and 185 pounds and the 5'6 feels perfect for me from knee high to overhead, works best in waist to head.

I'd say more volume than your HPSB.
Race did you get the old 5'6 @ 33L or the new dims @ 31?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
DroppingOn said:
Racer1 said:
I'm 6'1 and 185 pounds and the 5'6 feels perfect for me from knee high to overhead, works best in waist to head.

I'd say more volume than your HPSB.
Race did you get the old 5'6 @ 33L or the new dims @ 31?
goingright said:
Why not try the super flex construction they have in their California Factory?

https://www.superbranded.com/collections/fling/products/superbrand-supertech-fling

https://www.superbranded.com/pages/supertech-by-superbrand
The new ones are thinned out and down to 31 liters at 5'6.

The old ones (that I have) is 32.5 liters at 5'6 and feels absolutely perfect to me.

So gotta go custom either way. But I LOVE XTR.

Goingright

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 10, 2009
Took out my new Toy X today. 6 2 19 3/4 2 1/2. 32L.
Board paddles super well. easy to get around the line up. First wave board took off with ease, engaged down the line with so much speed, smooth cut back and re-engage the board again down the line. Connects sections with ease all the way to the beach. Such a stupid easy board to surf. Makes surfing so much easier as an intermediate surfer and boost your confidence level. Looking forward to more sessions. Toy x rides much sharper than its previous model but pretty much same feel. By far the most user friendly board I have ever used. Thanks #Superbrand

Goingright

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 10, 2009
So sick. You are stoked Racer1.
Took out the Toy X yesterday for session 2. As a kook, I probably did one of the cleanest hits on a turn yesterday. Gathered so much speed, eyed the section, timed the turn perfectly following the motion of the wave and landed in flat. I usually just try to go for a turn and ends up in a messy salad with other boards..lol Best. Board. Ever.

I think what makes the board is the full outline. Plenty of volume all around. Bit wider nose and narrow squash tail allows quick instant transitioning/changing direction. Will take few additional pics