So, I bought a Thai board...

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
And it feels incredible. I've always wanted to try a Super Brand Fling and GSI has a sale with free shipping to Hawaii (they have a warehouse here). $550 for their Future Flex whatever tech. Board feels incredible, so much pop.

Blurry dusk shot.

Their sale is still active on all Super Brand models.

Reactions: stringcheese

xmesa

Nep status
Jul 25, 2014
thanks for the heads up. fark i've been wanting one of those. i went by the super warehouse sale but they didnt have one in my size... i have two customs on the way and really really really shouldn't

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
The super brand Fling's still the most fun 'fun board' I've had. I've been experimenting with other. shapes that I classify in the same sort of range (Tomo Evo etc), but they still don't quite live up to it.

Snapped my HPSB during a banging cyclone swell, and took the fling out for shits n giggles in double overhead conditions. I'm not pretending that it was a great idea, but fuck me I had fun!

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Waxfoot said:
The super brand Fling's still the most fun 'fun board' I've had. I've been experimenting with other. shapes that I classify in the same sort of range (Tomo Evo etc), but they still don't quite live up to it.

Snapped my HPSB during a banging cyclone swell, and took the fling out for shits n giggles in double overhead conditions. I'm not pretending that it was a great idea, but fuck me I had fun!
We're about to get a shot of Cat4 hurricane swell this afternoon and while I have my Pyzel Ghost going in the car, I'm definitely also packing the Fling. It's just TOO FUN.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
They are very, very fun sticks. Probably shouldn’t have sold mine.
Controllers are perfect in it, btw.
Funny how Super, Hayden, and many others don’t bring out the intense
hate on all things Asian like FW.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Racer1 said:
Waxfoot said:

We're about to get a shot of Cat4 hurricane swell this afternoon and while I have my Pyzel Ghost going in the car, I'm definitely also packing the Fling. It's just TOO FUN.
Haha, nice - let us know how it goes! One word of recommendation - definitely go with larger fins if you can. I rode the Fling with a M set of performer quads (all the time), which is on the smaller recommended side for me (82KG) and I loved the slide feel / release of the board at the end of turns... but that's the one thing I'd change for when there's more push.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Very nice turn!

A mate of mine swears by his, and surfs it in solid west coast waves. Another mate just bought a second hand 5'2 (he's 6'1), and he rips on it.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
That HS Plunder on there looks like a good time. Such a moral conundrum.