So how did your boards go with this last run of swell?

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
GR... A Craigslist Predator.... One of my Homies. Base Point. My 10 cents. He buys boards like a rattlesnake striking at warm mice. My youknowwhatheis. Peace Profound...

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
I've never heard any story about Bruce Lee getting his ass kicked. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is a fictional movie. That fight seen never happened.
Did you fully think before typing that? Did you get the impression that anyone thought the film was non-fiction? But maybe utilized historical events as jumping off points?
Is it possible something occurred you haven’t heard of??
Next at eleven!

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
No it still matters.

I surf a spot that many people know about but few think about. I never ever even say the name of the place and have been surfing it virtually alone for over 30 years. Occasionally someone will show up and I tell them the same thing I said to the last guy...”never ever tell anyone you surfed here.”

So far so good.
campus point?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The mesa and pit crew might come after you:):):)
TPM. You’ve been warned.

BTW, some fucking kid (teenager) tried to “regulate” me at Mesa lane a couple years ago.

He just paddled right up to me and told it was a “locals” spots.

Im like, who the fuck are you?

His dad was there (a guy i went to high school with) and told him to STFU.

I congratulated the kid for trying to hold it down.

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Bruce Lee got his ass kicked by a stunt double on one of his first days on a set.
That scene in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was a direct reference to that event.
I love the idea of Tarantino building a whole story around what he thought the character of that stunt double might be like.

Reactions: oeste858

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
campus point?
My brother went to UCSB for 6 years :)roflmao: )and lived in I.V. the whole time. So I’d cruise up a few times a year. I never surfed Rincon that whole time, or ever have. Would see it, it’d look small/packed and always decided to nurse the hangover. Then I’d hit the sand and actually have a fun time.

I have no idea how anyone can live in SB, the biggest tease in the World, then you start drinking. It wasn’t until I hit Brophy’s, then I saw it.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
It's weird that you believe that if you've never heard of something that it never happened. Are you a god?
Bruce Lee is one of the most well known, famous, martial artists that created his own fighting style and was well trained in several types of Japanese weapons. But some Hollywood stunt double kicked his ass? and no one ever did a story about it? Come on... give me a break.

• Haha
Reactions: Duffy LaCoronilla

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Bruce Lee is one of the most well known, famous, martial artists that created his own fighting style and was well trained in several types of Japanese weapons. But some Hollywood stunt double kicked his ass? and no one ever did a story about it? Come on... give me a break.
Bruce Lee has never been in a real fight. He was basically a gymnast and a stunt man.