So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I'll bet TJ Sloughs will be big. Hope those SD boys are up to date on their Gamma Gobulin shots!!!
Can you even paddle out there when it's that big? I've never surfed there.

So few spots around here can handle this kind of size, and only if the wind is right, but all of them have channels which only occasionally close out on the biggest 20'+ sets. So they are pretty safe.

Might be time to head to SB for this one but another solid rain storm coming and probably south winds again.

Reactions: keenfish

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Dude, I checked Rockaway around 3:00 and it was getting gnar. 20 footers breaking on the reef 1/4 mile out and closing out the entire cove, even through the rip bowl. Middle looked like Waimea shorebreak. SF buoys is hitting 15 feet at 21 seconds o_O

Yea,
We're going to have to find a corner to hide under if we are going to catch hepatitis on this one.

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Dude, I checked Rockaway around 3:00 and it was getting gnar. 20 footers breaking on the reef 1/4 mile out and closing out the entire cove, even through the rip bowl. Middle looked like Waimea shorebreak. SF buoys is hitting 15 feet at 21 seconds o_O
Sounds like a many of winters when I lived in HMB in late 90s early 2Gs. Good Sept-Decish then pretty stormy until March with a window of about a week in Feb. All of this is standard issue in PNW sans fecal matter, although it does happen on occasion to a lesser extent.

Last edited:
Reactions: tacos

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Bobby M. and Conner C. doing step offs in front of my place. Saw some mental barrels, no shortage of photogs, plenty of documentation forthcoming no doubt.
Was that going down at BM? I was watching the cam and there were two guys doing step-offs in some pretty good size surf.