So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
the problem with a big swell is its only good at a few spots, and EVERYONE surfs there so its beyond packed. and still like 4 wave sets every 15 minutes. for 200 guys.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
That's what I'm talking about! Hell yah! :jamon:
Don't think that was today? Seemed overcast all day
Highly doubtful that was today - I was "in the area" both morning and afternoon and got a few sessions in. There was a period of blue sky but very short lived and the south wind was intense for much of the day

Also, the the level of consistency was mind boggling; while there were a few lulls the sets just kept pumping through. Very un-Californialike. Very challenging conditions when up and riding too.

Reactions: MathDebater

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
the problem with a big swell is its only good at a few spots, and EVERYONE surfs there so its beyond packed. and still like 4 wave sets every 15 minutes. for 200 guys.
That' why I usually spend the day driving around watching other people crawl all over each other in a state of hysteria. Once the hysteria is over I do my thing.

Not even counting on surfing tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Highly doubtful that was today - I was "in the area" both morning and afternoon and got a few sessions in. There was a period of blue sky but very short lived and the south wind was intense for much of the day

Also, the the level of consistency was mind boggling; while there were a few lulls the sets just kept pumping through. Very un-Californialike. Very challenging conditions when up and riding too.
No that photo is from the article. A Getty image.

Reactions: Driftcoast and JDJ

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
There may be enough push to wrap around Pt. Loma. Lot's of little nooks and crannies that could be firing off with only a few boaters that know what's up. Be a bitch paddle from the few shore accessible launch areas but could be worth it. If you know where it is, the Devils Slide could be all time.
Lots of little refractors runnin'... Really good angle.

Reactions: npsp

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
So where am I supposed to surf tomorrow?

Rincon?
Rosebud Pt aka Publisher's Bay?
Andy's Moles?

Lots of people in the water today loudly blabbering cool-guy style they were driving up to Santa Barbara tonite.

The type of guys that look they need to be punched in the face.

I guess Duffy will have company.

There are a few places with fun surf right now, if you can get on it now, it may be you last moment of peace for the next 72hrs:toilet:
OB Jetty will be all time in the morning :monkey:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: MathDebater and JDJ

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Checked it out front on my way home this evening.

It was pretty mixed up but some legit big waves/swell rolling in down in the 20s/30s streets North of the pier.

I didn't see anyone out in the water though and the water didn't look filthy but I'll bet it does tomorrow.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Not really a surf spot, just an offshore reef. I've dived there, it's about 35 - 45 feet deep. Somewhere between the Queen and the Chumash jumping off point. I've only seen waves break out there one other time in the last 40 years.
IMG_6496.jpeg