So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
right now, pouring rain and howling wind in oxnard. one guy said it will be 20' tomorrow. possibly, on the faces. add in the poo runoff from the motorhomeless along the riverbed and the trees and random farm animals in the lineup, and you'll have an entire county lineup full of hepatitis, chlamydia, and meth. have fun. should have driven to mammoth yesterday.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc and SpudBoy

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
right now, pouring rain and howling wind in oxnard. one guy said it will be 20' tomorrow. possibly, on the faces. add in the poo runoff from the motorhomeless along the riverbed and the trees and random farm animals in the lineup, and you'll have an entire county lineup full of hepatitis, chlamydia, and meth. have fun. should have driven to mammoth yesterday.
Well considering the line of pacific storms looks like you’ll have plenty more opportunity for that. Motorhomeless is the name of my new all meth-head QOTSA tribute band.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I don’t think we have chlamydia in our lineup. But no surf either and it’s rainy gross and 49 degrees. Get me to those little latitudes

Reactions: Havoc and mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I don’t think we have chlamydia in our lineup. But no surf either and it’s rainy gross and 49 degrees. Get me to those little latitudes
Might be a little longboard line here, considering a paddle/surf excursion......or not?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Might be a little longboard line here, considering a paddle/surf excursion......or not?
yeah there actually is a waist high swell in the water. bit crossed up, but surf able anyway. I'm in midtown, alas. If i were home I would probably pull on the 5 mil just for the hell of it, and to do some paddling

Reactions: mundus

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
yeah there actually is a waist high swell in the water. bit crossed up, but surf able anyway. I'm in midtown, alas. If i were home I would probably pull on the 5 mil just for the hell of it, and to do some paddling
A bit further west from your house and it is really fun..

Reactions: Subway

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Back after the floods of '97, I had a session at Uppers after the creek burst open bigly. Had the worst case of poison oak in history afterwards.
Surfing a certain river mouth in epic chocolate milk tubes one flood year, I got sick. I got a sinus infection that they couldn't kill. Which doesn't sound that bad, but I couldn't even tie my shoes. Felt like my head was going to blow up. Months this went on. I was crying to my Doc and he told me that considering how long I have surfed I should have known better. Told me he was treating five other local surfers for Hep.

We were down to trying one more oral antibiotic. The next step was to drill through my skull, flush my sinuses and apply a topical antibiotic to the insides of my sinuses. The last antibiotic finally worked. My winter was pretty much over however.

The waves were insane. Sit in the tube forever. The light would shut down because the water was opaque. The left was cleaner in terms of water due to the direction of the current, but the rights. So good. I went into the bottom on one wave and my legs went into the fresh muck up to my knees. I had to struggle to get free. Trees, dead cows, dead rattlesnakes, half sunk 50 gallon drums of who-knows-what drifting by. Good times...

Last edited:

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I'll draw the ire of peeps on here and zero fvcks are given. The Dale Webster story is the biggest load of crap perpetuated in the surfing world and shame on any of you for believing it.

Whenever we get these massive swells, with heavy water, rain, and wind - not to mention chilly water where he lives - we are supposed to believe that this pudgy dude caught at least 3 waves a day for whatever the number he claims (unsubstantiated).

I lived north of him (we never met) for a number of years, and there were days where the last thing I was doing was paddling out in massive, wind-swept slop by myself - even if it was to catch 3 inside whitewaters to keep a Hollywood story alive. Is catching a few inside whitewaters a surf? Does a true surfer even publicize their number of surfs?

And yea, Casa will remind all that I sometimes ride a wavestorm during San Diego summers when it's 1-2' and crowded as Fock. Come at me small fry!

Mods, feel free to ban me for being a downer Doug. BAN ME!!!
:dancing: