Snapper Rocks - DONE

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Perfect gif to describe the wsl.

they're seriously getting rid of snapper?
Looking at the WSL schedule, my impression is that they're trying to keep the corporate-sponsored, low-cost farm league (WQS) running in the unrealistic hope that the Big League makes a dramatic comeback.

The WSL is out-of-touch with ASP fans. The CEO who replaced Karen Goldschmidt looks like he has been sent to executive coaching (charm school) and has the polish (sleaze) of a Silicon Valley tech executive.

Reactions: Boneroni

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Wasn't it already nixed, at least this year? Snapper is kinda boring to watch (1000 cutbacks after the top section) as is Bells which seems like a history/tradition conest. IMO one Barra contest is better than those two combined. Ending at Trestles makes it seem like going back to the NSSA or Budweiser tour.

Reactions: Boneroni

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
looks like:

Surf Ranch, Oaxaca, Teahupo'o , Trestles (only for competitors who own e-bikes, as there is a dirt course component to the final even)

Mexico and Tahiti could be nice if it's pumping

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I won't be shocked if it pops back up quickly.
WSL can't float the boat for all of their events. They still need backers. Now is just the time to seek new sponsorship, rebrand, and go again.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Dirk Ziff must really dig his wife to be pissing this much money away this fast.

Pro surfing is so boring. And if it's boring to me, a person who will pause any TV show if there are waves in the background, you can forget about it being exciting to anyone else.

If I never see another wave ridden at the Surf Ranch it'll be too soon.