Snapper Legends Heat Slater Twin Fin

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Something from tomo. Crazy

**is that the same guy from here posting the clip?

• Haha
Reactions: waxfoot

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
ever ridden MR78 fins? they are f*cken huge to compensate for being so far forward.

the more common MR TFX template is designed to be ridden with a trailer with MR's placements.
They are huge but have very little rake compared to the TFX....it’s like 1 step forward, one step back. The big carbon ones they released years ago were like big TFX’s and they had the grunt.

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
They are huge but have very little rake compared to the TFX....it’s like 1 step forward, one step back. The big carbon ones they released years ago were like big TFX’s and they had the grunt.
yeah i had the carbon ones back in the early 2000s. Used them on my first shaped board that i made as a teenager with 0 correct tools and could only be described as "interesting". Lets just say that I was in front of the current flat deck trend, the rail shape appeared to be upside down at certain points, the rocker could be described as flat with a sloped nose. but despite how sh!t it looked it actually worked well.

later used those fins in a 5"11 x 19 mod fish type shape with fins set in thruster positions, with a small trailer and remember them working well.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
ever ridden MR78 fins? they are f*cken huge to compensate for being so far forward.

the more common MR TFX template is designed to be ridden with a trailer with MR's placements.
No and yes both dedicated twins I own both have forward fins (11") and I use True Ames twin fiberglass and Fins Unlimited 2win twin set in fiberglass both sets inspired from MR template height and base width. I like it and its extactly how I want my twin to ride and reason why I no longer ride thrusters and only ride quads, twins, and 5 fin bonzers:shaka:

Reactions: urchined

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Anyone notice the deep V off the tail? I dont think Tomo has ever done that on any of his previous models.

The fins were pretty far forward, but they set in line with the wing. I think Kelly should have tried some larger fins in that board.